1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI visits FIAT Factory : Report & member pics

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I got them done in a shop called amar motors in shivaji park.!
    And my my look at how my punto is getting the acclaim!! Thank you guys!! It feels great!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Infact my car is 4 or 5th in the same line u guys are looking! U can see mee also the vast figure trying to vade through cars!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    It's very strange that all the coverage that this event got was mostly published in South. To my knowledge, there is no North edition newspaper covering this article/event. I'm not sure why the Fiat guys didn't throw this event as a brand building opportunity in the entire India and only restricting it to Southern India.

Does this show a lack of vision or were they not sure of the numbers that would be turning up for this event?

Also, they could have asked major TV channels running the Auto shows to highlight this event for brand publicity. Or is it that we are giving it too much importance as compared to FIAT?
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT did not want too much media involvement for the event. They had clearly told us that their focus for the event was the customers i.e us. If media would have been involved FIAT top officials would have had to spend more time with the media. They chose to spend time with us instead which is what made this event so special.

I suspect that the press releases in all these south india publications have not been sent to them by FIAT. These publications probably have chosen to translate the news in the local language and publish. I may be completely wrong on this one though.
    7 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Those magazines had reported our earlier meets also
    Or it is also possible for the reporter to be our member;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dont get me wrong here pal, but a confirmation from one of the top FIAT official would be good to ask?

However, i have one small very curious thing about this meet. How did this meet thing after all start off? I mean, i am very curious to know about the history (origin) of this meet. Is any top FIAT official part of TFI members? Or do admins/mods know some one @ FIAT? or what?
  6. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    Amogh,
    Although it might sound as flattering as it may seem, but focusing on only current customer base is not the way to go. If FIAT wants to expand, then it should publicize the event and let future customer's know how FIAT values it's customer's and is focused on genuine feedback from it's end customer. It only gains by publicizing the event and also make the current customer's proud.

That's my logical opinion...not sure of the FIAT thought process. If we can get a word on this from FIAT guys, it will make this crystal clear.
    1 person likes this.
  7. I think we as current customers wouldn't want the golden treatment given to us to go away. So lets just say FIAL/FIAT did it just for Amogh and TFI.
    apart from Branding if Fiat becomes aggressive they are leading advertisers over seas and that same image will be carried on here. I'm sure when their new models enter the market their customer base will increase because of the entries of the new models per se.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Glass half full or half empty :confused:

The TFI contingent had a jolly good time there, they were hosted fantastically by FIAT - what else do you want. Or should we forget all that just because FIAT didn't create a media circus there for pan-India viewing?

I'm pretty sure if FIAT had invited the media circus and made it a complete P.R. affair, the joy of the visit would have been substantially reduced.

Kudos to FIAT for ensuring it was a real FIAT- TFI enthusiasts meet and not creating a circus there to further their marketing purposes.
    2 people like this.
  9. That's what I told earlier that I had seen a Punto and a Linea in their Office, but they are not TFIans i think..
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I think there should be a complete stop to "What FIAT should do!" comments on this Forum.

If there were media invited, there would have been comments on why only print media and not TV channels and so on...

We need to only focus on what we do with our fiats and let FIAT management do what they want to with their company.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.