1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI visits FIAT Factory : Report & member pics

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saz_tec

Congratulations!!! FIAT India and the TFI Mods, for planning and organizing such a wonderful event. Though I could not be a part of it, but from the photos and the write ups from those who participated in the Visit, it definitely seemed to be an “AWESOME” Experience.
    Special Thanks to Amogh and all other organizers. Let’s hope FIAT treats us in the same way at the dealerships and service centers in the future.
    I missed the opportunity this time, as there was a potential Client Visit (Eventually we won the deal); however I would certainly be a part of the Visit next time.
    TFI and FIAT, LONG - LIVE and ROCKS!!!
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hold on for some time, some good news will come soon :).
    2 people like this.
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3

Dude, its not recommended to put on the projectors when the engine is off, if it did soo.. than now you know the result what happens, anyways happy punting.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    A HUGE thank you to Fiat for being such gracious hosts to all of us.

To host hundreds of your most important guests, your customer’s is the toughest thing that any company has to handle and Fiat showed the industry how it's done! Kudos!

We didn’t need to enter the premises to know how seriously Fiat had taken our visit. The huge board welcoming Team-Fiat India said it all.

Even before we reached the shamiana, we got another proof of how important we were to Fiat when we saw the spread on the lawn’s laid out for us to touch, feel and explore. The Bravo, Alfa Romeo and 500 alongwith the Linea & Punto was Fiat at it’s best – proudly showing us it’s capabilities.

What was heartening was that I didn’t find any difference between 2010 & now in the staff’s approach towards their work despite Fiat’s latest India innings not going as per their plan. Trust me, it’s really tough keeping up the motivation of your employee’s in tough times. Not only that but many of the top officials are still working for Fiat. That was extremely heartening and reassuring to see. It can’t be stressed enough how employee retention is the toughest thing in a growing economy like ours but Fiat India has done a brilliant job at retaining it’s trained and experienced work force.

Every employee was proud of what they were doing, proud of the place they are working in and proud of the products they are making. Again, no negativity in any of them, everyone that took us around the facility was very open & frank and most important of all very patient in answering all of our minor & sometimes silly questions about how a car is made :).

I am not sure how many of you noticed but it seemed like many of the wall mounted safety messages in cartoon formats were made by the shop floor employee’s! I can’t explain how heartening and satisfying that sight was. It felt like the whole plant is a close knit family where everyone looks out for the other. The sense of ownership that even shop floor employee’s have for their work area out there was extremely impressive. Not only that, but it seemed like there are a lot of artists working in Fiat India :).

The facility was impressive, no doubts about that but then you can have the best, most modern facilitiy but what good is it without a soul. Just like our car’s, Fiat’s plant too has a soul. It is a bristling place, very alive with a lot of positivity in it.

On behalf of the moderator team, I would also like to thank all our member’s for being perfect guests. A good host is nothing without a respectful guest. We had gone to Fiat India’s home and therefore, we had to adhere to their rule’s and procedure’s. All of us excelled in being perfect guests.

The moderator team would also like to thank all of you for representing our forum so well on the road’s. I didn’t see anyone speeding or going against the driving pattern set by the support team. Your co-operation helped us in carrying off this visit smoothly. All of you gave Fiat and TFI a good image on our roads.

Lastly, the food was scrumptious. Those who missed out on the event and don’t have any interest in taking a tour of a car plant should still come next time. Just for the food & to sample the Italian hospitality! :)
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
    19 people like this.
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Can anyone post a comparo of the earlier visit & this one?

From all the posts, this one seems to be much more professionally organised, both by FIAT as well as TFI. Any more similarities / differences?
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    This one was FIVE times bigger than the previous one :)
    4 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

First, similarities:

1. Same FIAT hospitality

2. Same good food

3. Same surprise parting present at the end; if somebody came with just enough fuel, he/she would have needed refuelling to reach the destination!;)

Now, the glaring differences:

1. In the assembly line, sign board showing the details of the part that is fitted into the car displayed at every point

2. Last time, in terms of numbers, Punto>Manza>Linea were assembled in that order; now, the new order is Vista>Manza>Punto with one or two Lineas

3. Rajeev Kapoor, CEO then, shook hands with everybody at the end
    5 people like this.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

We did go to the cafe Saturday morning, There were a couple of Punto sports on display and nothing else. The store manager informed that the Cafe is not fully operational due to some legal issues right now and hence they are just forwarding all booking requests at the cafe to another dealer for now. Fiat is working on the legal issues and the cafe should be back in action soon per him.

There are accessories on display but none for sale due to the above mentioned reason. No coffee too. They said that special arrangements were made when they screened F1 races etc earlier. He also mentioned they are planning to make special arrangements close by for Parking more number of cars.

It's a cool place to relax and have a cup of Italian coffee when everything is setup.
    1 person likes this.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

That is really a good sign. It shows that FIAT has prepared well for this meet and has definite plans for the future.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

We (myself and a friend) had gone to the Caffe on thursday evening at 7 PM when Mr Enrico, Mr Ravi Bhatia and couple of other guys were busy working on something. They all shook hands with us and Mr Ravi Bhatia chatted with us for some time. They told they usually close by 7 PM since their Lavazza area is also not functional currently. At around 8:30 PM, all the guys except couple of sales guys who kept the Caffe open for us since we had requested Mr Bhatia that some of our friends from chennai (teky, linealover, sathya) are on their way to Caffe! They arrived at 9 PM finally and checked out the Caffe for 10 mins after which it was closed.
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.