1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI visits FIAT Factory : Report & member pics

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Another note. Stock music system on the Bravo is awesome...very very good SQ

DSCF1649.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    5 people like this.
  2. yeah!! thank god! if u see my face in one of the pics...i was devastated!

- - - Merged Post - - -

no no...no water required! easily pull it out... just keep firm pressure on the lettering

3. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    From the pictures, I believe the jumpstart process was not followed correctly, hence did not work. Posting the correct way, for the benefit of members:

Here are the connection steps:

1. Be sure both ignition switches are in the OFF position.
    2. Attach the red cable to the "+" side of the good battery
    3. Attach the other end of the red cable to the "+" side of the dead battery
    4. Attach the black cable to the "-" side of the good battery
    5. Attach the other end of the black cable to a section of unpainted metal on the dead car. This can be as small as the head of a bolt located nearby.
    6. First, start the car with the good battery, and leave it running.
    7. If the battery in the dead was was really badly drained, it may help to leave them connected for a minute with the good car running before you try to start the dead car. This will allow a little charge to build up in the dead battery.
    8. Turn the key in the dead car to start and it should fire right up!
    9. As long as you don't have any issues with your alternator, you can disconnect the jumper cables right away.

Disconnecting the jumper cables doesn't need to happen in any specific order, but be sure you don't let the red and black cables touch each other at the end when they are still connected to one battery.

Important TIPS:

* It is a good idea to also carry a couple of pieces of wooden / plastic sticks alongwith the jumper cable. This will allow you to clamp the positive / negative clamps on the stick, away from each other and eliminate the possiblity of any short / sparking

* You might be tempted to attach it to the "-" side of the dead battery, but this isn't recommended. Poorly maintained batteries leak small amounts of acid, which could turn into flammable gas around the battery. This gas could explode if the cable caused a spark just above the battery.

* If you want to be sure, you can disconnect the black (negative) cables first, then go back and disconnect the red. Remember, the red (positive) cables are the ones that can cause a short of they touch the car while they are connected to the battery.

* If the dead car doesn't turn over or turns over very slowly, check to see if your battery or connections are corroded. If they are, sometimes a little wiggling while the cable clamp is connected will make your connection better.

Push starting the car is a bad idea. Here is what the manual says.

Jump Start.JPG

Rajan

MODS: Posting this here, though somewhat OT, so members will benefit and not assume that push starting is the best way and jump starting does not work. Please move / delete if you think this is inappropriate.
    17 people like this.
  5. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hats off to Ratan Sir and Jai for playing excellent group leaders indeed and to you TRON for playing excellent sweeper. It was fun playing your deputy of sorts :) And No thanks required buddy, I was added to the Support team list originally, but because of the chaos couldn't help much. This was the least I could do.

Hope to meet you guys soon for a more relaxed Chit-chat kinda meet.

I totally agree on the music system, it Rocked!! But what was even better was the velvetty soft touch plastics on the interiors trims, door panels and dash. The seats too were incredibly detailed with mesh like soft material where your butt and back goes and Soft Velvet (alcantara like) material on the side bolsters where the hands would touch usually.

Excellent product and a sure-shot buy for me if it lands in the same condition in the Indian Market with a peppy 1.6MJD or something similar under the hood. :redcar
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    here are few pics from my side

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg
    10 people like this.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Sorry for back to back posts but here is the last set of pics

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg
    7 people like this.
  8. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

On behalf of Sumit Malhotra (DarkShooter)!

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg
    16 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bird's eye view of FIAT 500 and Bravo:

DSC09070.jpg

DSC09071.jpg

DSC09069.jpg
    20 people like this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ravi Sir. That was unexplored angle for both the cars and speaks more about their beauty.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.