1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Version 3 is now live! Feedback and bug report thread!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by CountRock, Aug 25, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Aaah....finally someone comes on my side. I was nearly getting frustrated of using this new forum which was bugging me like hell all the time.
    Thanks @simpleson. I'll install opera right away. But worry is at office. Not allowed :(

Anyways below is the short summary I just was thinking of writing before seeing your post. I still wish I can go back to old forum. Much reliable .
    Every action/click on this forum results in one of below:
    1 few mins of delay yet no lode
    2. Redirection to home page
    3. Load empty page
    So I have to click at least 5 -6 times before getting a link work.

So i did some analysis on technical side using deceloper tools and foubd alot of JS errors(moz related especially) and even other problems with html issues. Reported them to amogh and countrock via pm. Hope they fix it soon
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Update: I am on opera full on android tab. Still facing redirect and empty page issue. :arghh:
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I faced same issues on opera too this latest time I logged on. However, sometimes it is working faster. Esp. the alert button takes too much time to load. Tell me if it works well for you on opera, I hope it does consistently. To check if Internet speed is OK, I tried loading a HD video from youtube and it worked fine ! I think going back to old forum maybe out of question at this stage. Future improvements may improve compatibility on IE8 or Firefox :)

@zenwalker if you type full handle name like @asimpleson instead of just @simpleson, it will work like tagging feature of Facebook and instantly throws an alert to person who is tagged. A great feature.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @asimpleson,
    I am on desktop Linux Opera 12 now. Facing empty page and redirection issue as well. Though the number of retries have gown down from min of 6 to 2-3 as compared of Firefox or Chrome.
    Alerts, Inbox drop downs take alot of time to open. Sometimes resulting in JS error console. Looks like the Ajax calls are getting time out ;)

Even at first i checked if my internet speed is the issue. But it was not. I tried pinging the server, it responded with good time lag. Then i launch developer tools of firefox to profile and analyze which is taking time.
    To my surprise, xenforo and its JS files do take around 1K ms time to reach client. So totally the whole site just takes around 3K ms to complete the request. That means either the server itself is too slow which is not, because the ping requests are served well by the server OS. Or it must be the internals of Xenforo forum software which is acting crazy like our FIAT cars for some owners :p
    I also digged into Xenforo forums and there as well people facing similar issues too. Hope the team and Xenforo will be able to fix the issue with all browser asap and the lag.

Yes i knew that feature already and i did try that but the stupid autocorrect on tab removed a from your name.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Further analysis on the page redirection on the New Posts click.

As you can notice, the top image is taken when redirection had occurred for some reason from server when i clicked New Posts.

Bottom is a successful page loading.

Hope it helps the admins @CountRock
    upload_2014-9-4_11-41-44.png
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops, i cant edit the previous post :( I thought the lock down period is 30 mins right? If not, kindly request mods to increase it to an Hour Thanks.

@Mods,
    Kindly merge this post into previous post.

Anyways, just wanted to post screenshot of a successful NewPost click working. Strange behavior :(

Oh btw the Upload a File as well not working and the strange JS failure error can be seen in the screenshot.

hCxbsFW.png
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @zenwalker @CountRock
    NetDNA hosting authentication error for bootstrap. I am thinking this server is somehow affecting the jqery. One option would be to link some resources perhaps including font-awesome (downloadable from website here) on local directory/server where TFI is hosted. :confused:

8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

We have found the issue. We will resolve it soon.

Amogh

P.S: it's not what you have listed above
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    We were just trying to help whatever ample amount possible from our side amogh and not to clutter up this thread. Just saying.

Glad that the issue is found. Thanks for your help :)

On the flip side, may i ask (out of curiosity) what was the issue?
    Murphy_Fiat and asimpleson like this.