1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Version 3 is now live! Feedback and bug report thread!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by CountRock, Aug 25, 2014.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All links and posts beside the one you posted are forwarded to the new site. I still have some work to do, after which that will also redirect.

Most office network may have blocked this domain since it was unavailable. Most proxy server did not know its content and hence remained uncategorised. Since www.teamfiat.com has now gone live, the site will get sorted and categorised slowly. We have had reports now that the site is working on some corporate network where it wasn't working a week before.

We are unable to troubleshoot the exact reason why the site isn't loading from your network.
    Cinju likes this.
  2. SHBZ

SHBZ Novizio

Pune
    Its been a month I logged into TFI.. What a surprise to see this upgrade.

Impressed...!!

Keep up the good work guys!!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes and this was same case in my office. It was blocked, and I was surprised to see, from yesterday it is working fine.

Do check with your admin team(if possible), to see if it can be un-blocked.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It has been the opposite in my office, after the forum went live on Monday was able to access it, now I cannot. Though I log on the VPN and still access it ;)
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow,after many days i m logging into TFI today
    Awesome work done by Amogh, Count Rock & his team, hats off to you guys
    You have made the forum much more lively & interesting now,Mind Blowing
    Impressive work
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Awesome work team . Though FIAT failed to bring in the 1.6 MJD , TFI has definitely upgraded to a better engine . Kudos guys.

On a personal front is there any specific reason why XenForo was chosen over vBulletin ? I guess it is more to do with security issues ?
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Cinju !!

Xenforo vs vBulletin was a big debate. The designers we were working with were in favour of xenforo. So we went ahead with it. Also xenforo is a bit lighter than vbulletin. So helps save on the server resources a bit.

I, personally, remain a big fan of vBulletin. VBulletin 5 with the CMS suite is an awesome software.

Security was not an issue. Both are equally susceptible. It finally depends on how secure your hosting environment is and what precautions you take.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I just noticed that the number of posts shown on the left side of the window below profile picture states "Messages"
    Isnt the word wrong used there? It should be "Posts" right. At first i was confused looking at my own and wondering how on earth i got 1k messages coz for a sec i co-related it to Inbox messages by terminology ofcourse.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The posts are referred as messages and pms are referred as conversations. Transition to new world zen
  10. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    There is too much gap between posts.