1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Trivandrum Meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by jiji, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Good show guys! Nice to see yet another TFI meet pics. ::T
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see first meet at Trivandrum.
    Nice pictures.
  3. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys it s almost two days after the meet..well my broadband was disconnected!!! So now only i got access...It was a great meet...really happy to meet them all..
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Minutes of the meet ::T

Attendees:
    royj
    clevermax
    jiji
    venu (jijis neighbour)
    jaytilak
    pran

Topics discussed:
    Punto brakes - clevermax cited an instance where he test drove his friends Figo and Punto back to back and the Figo almost ended up with nothing to do but skid-off the track.
    After driving for 29k km only twice was my ABS activated that too when one of the tyre was off the road, Bridgestone gives good grip.
    Comfort - clevermax and myself was of the opinion that Figo is fun to drive in city but its very bumpy, Punto just floats on the pothole filled Trivandrum roads.
    Plastics - No one complained about the plastics. jiji, clevermax and myself was of the opinion that unlike Polo and Figo, Punto has stronger plastics, only exception begin the lever for seat and steering height adjustments. 90HP seems to have better finished texture for dash. Gaps still exists.
    Interior space - Punto has better interior spacing than Polo. jiji and his friend drove his Punto into the VW showroom and jumped into the TD vehicle to find that both of them were hitting each other on the front seats, the back seat has lesser width too.
    Parts availability - jijis vehicle was at the service center for almost 1.5 month to get a damaged part delivered. The option of mailing to Fiat was suggested to get parts delivered in 2 days time.
    Underbody hits - The older Emotion variants (royj and myself) with the 175/70 R14 seems to be the most affected ones while the Emotion pack and 90HP owners had lesser trouble because of the ground clearance. Everyone was happy that except for the engine guard nothing ever hits (except jiji who seems to strain his GP to the extend that he replaced the brake pad at 15k and his 16k old tyre tread matches that of my 29k threads)
    Turning radius - royj is the one most affected by the larger turning radius. Adding to this, being a bit lazy to shift to reverse gear has resulted in a car which needs a total repaint below the shoulder, all around.
    Service center - Mohandas motors seems to be less experienced as per jiji. I have faced color mismatch from their body shop. I have been told by one of the technician that synthetic oil is absolutely not necessary and normal Castrol is sufficient. SA at Kulathungal motors seems to be over doing with the wrong information that he pass to everyone which includes a launch of the Bravo this month, T-Jet was available for TD, etc.
    Stock Alloys - jaytilak managed to catch hold of a set of 5 very cheap Fiat alloys, contact him if you need one, he knows a shop in Cochin where (if luck favours) we can get a set.

Mods/accessories at the meet:
    0. Petes
    1. DVR
    2. JVC 2 DIN HU
    3. JBL speakers
    4. Local make LCD display
    5. Hertz amp
    6. Hertz speakers
    7. Handsfree speakers
    8. FM transmitter
    9. Sony Xplod 1000W sub
    10.Tube (missed the make)
    11.Leather steering cover (stiched)
    12.Green filter
    13.Fiat alloys
    14.Side strips
    15.Custom made stickers

Driving experince on a Petes:
    I took the Peted and Green filter added Punto for a TD and jaytilak took mine. On ignition the engine sound itself is different, instead of the growl its a bit more like something has been freed up. Started to drive and revving to 3000rpm is so easy and effortless and the engine does not even complain, unlike the stock which I felt complains from 2500rpm (subjective !!). One important point which I noted is the vehicle starts pulling (not the turbo rush) right from 1200 which comes from around 1600rpm on stock vehicle. This simply means city driving becomes a lot more easier, can be compared to Figo, if not better. Did not get a stretch to actually test at high speeds, but already highway driving is fun in a stock GP. When I test drove the 90HP I did not see any significant changes, so my opinion is Pete a 75HP and get a better performing car. jaytilak was not so convinced about the performance improvement until clevermax showed him how a Peted Punto is to be driven.

Hearing experince on JVC HU, JBl speakers , Hetrz amp and Tube:
    JBL speakers was not up to my expectation but the tube output was just amazing.

If I have missed something I request the attendees to please append that too. Hope we have more meets like these with more GPs and Lineas..
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That was indeed a detailed report. ::T
    I think the only thing missed is the fun we had when we tuned to "My" FM station from another car and got pretty clear reception ::D
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :lol: Later that kept me waiting in my car to find out which FM channel I was tuned into which plays English songs at noon !! Even royj suggested an idea to save 275/- on a similar FM transmitter. Just keep the 2 cars always together :lol
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

WOW...you guys indeed enjoyed your meet. Where's the pics. Upload them soon!
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Check the previous pages :wink:

And one more item to add to the minutes:

• Distribution of TFI stickers.
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Hahaha..missed that. Good to see pics.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore