1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI - The Way Forward

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Nov 15, 2011.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Being one among the initial members of this group, I often wondered how the admins managed to maintain this forum. Having maintained company intranets with around 500 members, I know what it is to maintain a forum with over 2000 members and visited daily by hundreds more general public. I am greatly indebted to TFI and its fellow members for enhancing the wonderful experience I have had in owning a Fiat.

I am willing to provide financial as well as technical support within my ability. I would also recommend the merchandising as an additional option and limited advertising - maximum one or two per page.

I am against bringing in financial support from Fiat India, and I don't think they would be willing to part with their money without putting in some restriction on what gets posted here. Let them benefit from TFI as a source for important customer feedback. That said, I would like to have their support for TFI by providing the time of some of their engineers / managers to answer technical queries that we have.
    6 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    On a lighter note - How can we even think about financial support from Fiat India? They may need financial assistance from us :).
    4 people like this.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

LOL @Ramjin,even that wouldn't be a bad idea!
  4. Sorry to be late. I can contribute to any extent technically (Given that am a web developer). Financially, though I cannot say "to any extent", I will definitely contribute.

Below is what comes out of my mind:

1. Let the registration be free, as it always has been. Please do not charge it. Charging registration will drive away people from joining this forum.
    2. Let's collect all (I presume there are some) web developers on the forum, ask for ideas and technical help.
    3. Let's estimate the running cost of the forum for an year and depending on that we can bring in contributions.
    4. Advertisements, IMO is not the way to go. Atleast not NOW!

A bit of introspection, people, Please do not take the below lines offensively. They are just my personal thoughts.
    Let's ask ourselves the following questions:
    1. Everyone is serious about TFI. But are we serious about the quality of posts/threads on TFI?
    2. We know we have competitors and people (at g*** H***s) are bashing us in their threads. But c'mon, if the quality of our threads improve, no one would dare to do so. (Except for a few misers)
    3. Why are we bashing other communities on our forums? There are better automobile forums than us. Let's accept and respect that. However, let us win over the point of "Exclusivity".
    4. Would just donations/resources help the growth of TFI? It is entirely not about money. It is about passion and how it it put across!
    5. Last but by no ways the least, Are the TFI admins strict? (in terms of trolling, back-to-back posting, offensive remarks, zero-value posts etc). IMHO, NO

It is HIGH TIME!! Let's wake up. Let there be a set of rules that we are going to abide by very honestly and passionately.

PS: I know that I have written the above lines by risking a BAN from the Admins or bashing(kick out) from fellow TFIians. But sometimes, I do feel that it is worth putting across my thoughts just because I don't want to see TFI choke down!!

My humble apologies if anyone feels offended.
    7 people like this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

I would like to Thank the Moderators for creating and running such a platform which has allowed us to meet like minded people. If there is need for monetary benefits I'm game for it, Also as few people have suggested merchandising is another good option.

I just browsed through GH after your post mate, seriously there seems to be lots of bashing, but who cares as you said we just need to work towards increasing the quality of this forum and forget about everything else. With the amount of members currently I don't think we have enough moderators around to maintain the quality, May be the Mods can look into adding a few more moderators specific to sections and we should be able to have a clean looking forum. We don't need to be so strict, but some rules will definitely keep the house clean and inviting.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    We won't !!

I agree : we are not. To be honest for me personally it is disappointing to see TFI go this way.
    Could not agree more
    This particular point is at the top of our agenda and we are going to start taking action now. And by action I mean ban or infraction.

As I said above, for me personally, it is disappointing that things have reached such a stage. We started this platform with an intention giving a platform for discussions. Instead it has turned out to be a bashing and strolling ground instead.

Come on Maan !! Why would we ban you for speaking the truth ? In fact, nothing drives us more than a true feedback of the forum. I sincerely thank you for coming out with the truth so bluntly.
    2 people like this.
  7. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

the concept, the funds, the man hours and the motive... kudos to the founders!

I also agree with a few who have suggested branding as a source for cashflow. Merchandise can be a great way to get all the aftermarket stuff available at one stop. For Linea active, I inquired for the chrome bidding that runs around whole body of emo version, surprisingly with my limited search I did not find anyone with fiat parts at Kolhapur or Pune. :confused:

Wishlist based section
    Imagine if we open a new section where entire catalog for Punto and Linea is made available and suppliers come forward and are provided opportunity to offer their products. It can become a single stop for any fiat related products that could be purchased with a discussion with other fiat'ions. We can charge a moderate amount for transaction, every party would be happy... funds would keep on generating, sellers would sell what is demanded, fiat'ions can even create wishlists for the products. Looking at the volume, we may get some serious suppliers to arrange products which are high in demand on forum. It may not require 10s and 50s of supplier, a couple serious suppliers would suffice and can arrange the products.
    eg: GPS devices, exhaust tips, seat covers, door sills, stickers, brakes, tyres, alloy wheels, steering wheel covers, fancy gear knobs, ICE accessories, speakers, HUs, etc.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Members should also Report in case of issues with posts.
    I see very few post being reported.
  9. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

I am ready to contribute finacially.... my small suggestion is, why can't we make money by selling TFI stickers to run this forum?
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am also one of the initial members of this forum, though I have not been too pro-active about my posts. I think that it is a very useful forum for Punto/linea owners.

I too am of the opinion that we need to cut out the 'other' brand/forum bashing that has been taking place.

Once we have a consensus of how to raise funds, I am willing to contribute. I am afraid that my level of tech skills will not permit me to assist in that area. Anyway, I think that the Mods, ably assisted by guys like Countrock are doing a great job. We must keep this forum going.