1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI - The Way Forward

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Nov 15, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have no Idea about IT and I was wondering all this time how does it run.

I second that.
  2. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Though i don't have a pretty high post count to boast of, but i've been checking TFI over 10 times everyday just to see if it's back up and running or not.

I am committed to the proper running of this website, though since i don't earn and am a student, money is hard to come by but whenever i have a substantial amount i will contribute :)

Plus i like that there aren't abusive people/spammers here and the mods are also more friendly.

Long lobe TFI
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There won't be any "registration fee" to be a member of TFI. It's a voluntary contribution from those who want to.
    If we involve FIAT INDIA, it would be a bad move IIRC as TFI would then be labelled as FIAT's marketing platform.
  4. Details please can we do account transfer?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am always ready for any sort of support. But, I feel receiving donations from members and running the forum may not be a good idea. This is truly my personal opinion and no offense please. I suggest that form a group of people who are really serious and can contribute to the growth of TFI.
  6. Sure we can contribute for the growth of tfi. But how ?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not aware of any details. I am a moderator remember, not the forum owner. :)
    I am, too, waiting to hear from Amogh and Sandeep.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We are not giving any bank account information for money transfer yet.

This thread is to guage the response for this idea and to invite your thoughts on how to take TFI forward.

As paddleshifter has already pointed out - this initiative will be completely voluntary. We are not forcing anyone to contribute.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Amogh and Sandeep, please do let us know how to contribute monetarily for the forum.

@ramjn, i feel voluntary contribution should not be an issue as long as it is not revealed that who has contributed how much.
    For me contributing here would give me a feeling that i have done something good for the well being of my punto.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thanks a lot Amogh and Sandeep for bringing the site up again. This is the first time I am thanking the mods / admins in this forum after joining this forum almost 3 months back. To be honest there are post to just thank in other similar forums. I really do not know how many times i checked whether TFI is up and (some times involuntarily while browsing) running. I am ready to contribute financially however, I respect everyone's views in this thread and below are my opinions:

Donations from members can be collected purely on a voluntary basis.
    Acknowledge ramjn's point as well that the site cannot depend on donations alone. The admins should continue to run it.
    A very high level cost for running this forum displayed will attract more contributions from fellow members.
    We can set targets for donations and publish in the forum how much has been collected. No necessary for individual contributors names to be displayed.
    I like this site ad free. However, a seperate classifides sections can be created for inviting advertisements for which the forum owners can charge
    More people (after proper screening) can be given admin / moderator responsibilities which will reduce the burdon on the existing folks
    No differentiation between a member who have contributed and who have not. I know this will not happen with TFI but just want to pass caution.

Finally, we require this forum. As TFI is not running these days, was browsing through g*** ****s and saw some threads where our beloved FIAT is being bashed by one and all. I was in fury when Linea lover was waging a lonely war against multiple people in one thread. We need this forum to share our challenges and joys. Let us join together to achieve this.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011