1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Team present at Fiat 2012 Launch ; Pics updated on Page 7

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agreed Suman. But Punto with 16" alloys will reach a price point where most public will laugh at Fiat. I "guess" this could be the option for 90hp refresh- 16" alloys with all disc brakes like in TJet. Now that will be something.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can you let me know the source of this news.

FIAT VP Ravi Bhatia was noncommittal on this question when i asked him today.
  3. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    handling is changed
    "in positive way or negative":confused:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This may be true gurjinder. I have heard this news by the mid-december itself. But, what I heard is that Fiat will bring this kit in 4-5 months from the launch of refreshed models. I got this information from a person who attended the dealership training.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    guys i have a doubt here. Might sound stupid.
    When we say that the tyre size is R15 it means the RIM dia is 15 inches. Is that correct? Now if we replace it by R16 it becomes 16inches so by default we increase the GC by an inch i.e. by around 2.54cm . Now if FIAT were to simply replace the current Punto by the R16 wheels it should increase the GC by 2.5 cm. If it was so simple then why had FIAT to redesign the suspension system for giving a 1.4 cm increase . I mean redesigning the whole suspension system would definitely have been more complex by simply replacing the tyre by R16.

My 2nd question is that when FIAT had announced the increase in GC by 1.4 cms then there were lot of speculations that the handling would get compromised. Still we find many members having replaced the stock R15 by R16 which is an increase of 2.5 cms . Would this NOT lead to a much "worse" handling in the existing cars since the suspension system is not "tuned" for this ?
    Please dont laugh at my ignorance :cool:
  6. omzworld

omzworld

Nothing to laugh about. I had similar doubts whle contemplating Epack and Emotion. EPack comes with 15" aloy, so initial assumption was GC would be more in it. But it seems the tyre that you fit on these 15" alloys would have less depth compared to 14" one. So th inner diameter is what changes between 14" and 15" outer dia remain same.
    Else, the speedometer, odometer would give wrong data + there are chances of tyre brushing with body as the tyre well is not made for the bigger tyre.
    I might be wrong here. But this is my little research has taught. Experts may clarify!
  7. omzworld

omzworld

Visual Tyre Size Calculator | Kouki Tech

Please put the entire tyre dimensions in this visual comparator to see the how they affect overall.

165/80 R14 for Active - Emotion
    195/65 15 for Emotion Pack
    tyre comparator.jpg

tyre comparator.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ @omzworld : tyre size for epack is 195/60 R15. Hence the numbers for the two sizes (active and epack) are actually closer than what you got above..
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Linea in Oceanic Blue color looks smashing..... Mouthwatering :)

Yes. Increase in GC & the resultant higher stance at rear spoils the looks a bit - Side-profile & rear looks. But, it's a welcome move based on customer feedback, it seems.

Why there are no prominent mention of reduction of turning radius in presentation/ communications ?
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.