1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Team present at Fiat 2012 Launch ; Pics updated on Page 7

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Grandeur, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Zigwheels was there at the launch. I met two of their correspondents. There was plenty of media presence there , trust me. Autocar was there too. One member from the '''most definitive auto community''' was also roaming around there. 2-3 video journalists i saw making a recording of the car in detail,and later explaining to the camera about the features in detail. Others i did not know by name.

At the back of the seating , i reckon there were close to 20+ professional video cameras pointed at the stage. With an equal or greater number of shutterbugs almost at the stage clicking their cameras away at everything.

So,the media was there no doubt. It came late , as Bajaj announced their 200cc people carrier at the same time, so the media guys were stuck there early on.

Cheers
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  2. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Ohhh...I missed the blue color by 5 months....what a pity... :-(. Infact I specifically asked the SA about blue color but he said it is discontinued now. (It seems customer feedback is taken into consideration by reintroducing this color). And if the Turning radius thing is true then it's a best thing to have happened. Specially for tier 2 cities where the roads are typically narrow.
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Good updates from FIAT. Felt the GC has been increased too much. Capping it at 180mm would have been enough. 195mm looks too much
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  5. anish_707

anish_707

Delhi
    just awesome !!!
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes the turning radius of PUNTO is shorter now by a good margin.

FROM 5.4 to 5.
    [TABLE="class: table_tr"]
    <TBODY>[TR="class: table_bor_n"]

[/TR]

[TD="bgcolor: #89acd9"][/TD]
    [TD="bgcolor: #89acd9"]DIMENSIONS
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: table_bor_n, bgcolor: #89acd9"][/TD]

Overall Length (mm)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]3987
    [/TD]

Overall Width (mm)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]1687
    [/TD]

Overall Height (mm)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]1495
    [/TD]

Wheelbase (mm)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]2510
    [/TD]

Kerb Weight (KG)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]1130
    [/TD]

Ground clearance (mm)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]185
    [/TD]

Boot Capacity (litre)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]280
    [/TD]

Fuel Tank Capcity (litre)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]45
    [/TD]

Turning radius (Mtr)

[TD="class: table_bor_n"]5
    [/TD]
    </TBODY>[/TABLE]

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Everyone is discussing the ++ or --- of the high GC of PUNTO but not much is being discussed about the huge improvement in the TURNIG RADIUS.I think that's the most significant improvement in PUNTO 2012.
    Previously it was 5.4mtr now it's 5mtr.That's almost at per the segment.
    1 person likes this.
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I saw a Indica Vista in the same blue colour today . What a shame , TATA even takes away the colours from FIAT ... Sheesh , what has the world come to
  8. mat

mat

Bangalore
    Lower turning radius is more significant than higher GC to me too
  9. Low GC means you need to cautious while driving over potholes. This is what had happened when I tried to avoid a pothole in Mumbai. Though I slowed down, the guy coming from behind could not :( Linea.jpg
    Though it gives you better ride with low GC. I am interested in knowing if we can install any of these new features in the existing Linea. FIAT should have always provided Leather seat covers on top variant.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I find it strange people complaining about increased GC. Whether or not we like the higher GC or not, fact of the matter is Fiat has listened to the feedback; for GC as well as for turning radius. This also is a fact that low GC was a turn off for many prospective buyers, especially people from Bangalore feeling the torture of numerous speed breakers. So if a manufacturer has listened to the feedback and has provided corrections based on that feedback, it needs to be applauded rather than trying to find faults.

One feedback I would have liked Fiat to seriously consider was reduce number of variants and reduce the confusion. They have reduced to some extent, but still it is a lot to my mind.
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.