1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Pune Overnight Stay Meet @ Rajmachi

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by kedarbendre, Feb 11, 2014.

1. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for the choicest of words used to slap me sir Amit Pinge. :mad:

But believe me I believe in "der aye durust aye" philosophy. :D

On a serious note thanks for the filmy intro sir!

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  2. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Plannned.. :p

Rajmachi Again.!
    1 person likes this.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Now, what do I say Mr. Pinge, your writeup always inspires me and so does your company. You are one such lunatic I have come across after a long long time, since the time I rediscovered myself being one of your breed. But I must say, you are always a step ahead of all of us, in all aspects (with all due respect). Nevertheless coming back to the post, Every bit of your post reminds me of the absolute fun we all had. Your write up really creates a visual experience. Kudos to you my friend. As usual, waiting for more.....
    3 people like this.
  4. Pkya

Pkya Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great write up and fun filled trip!!! Thanks tfi for letting me join in this sheer aweosmeness!!! Looking forward for next trip
  5. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    By now, we were a little too late than we thought we would be. We were disbanded (just a little bit) and decided that it would be best for us to regroup once we were off the National Highway. Here is a snap where everyone caught up.

DSC01069.jpg

Veg Patties saved the day! The happiness on Aditya’s face describes it better than my words.

IMG_8068.jpg

Mother Nature gave us a warm welcome. The sunrays & dust made for a picturesque view that we drove through. I am sure such a ‘drive thru’ opportunity is very rare.

DSC01134.jpg

Everyone was very hungry as it was a couple of hours past noon. We decided to make a run for the venue. The Safari leaving behind a cloud of dust as it made its own way.

_MG_6318.jpg

You will have to imagine the scenario of hungry people being served sumptuous food! We had over half a dozen photographers but there is not a single photograph from lunch time (and I am not making this up).

After lunch most people decided to relax, take a test drive of the Jeep, discuss the cameras and lenses, get some profile photos etc. Here are some of the photographers with expensive equipment (the total worth of all that equipment could have probably bought us a brand new Punto).

DSC01164.jpg

I overheard the photographers say ‘the light is very good’. In simple words I think that means a good opportunity for profile pictures. Here are a couple of those profile pictures.

That is Pankaj who shuttles between Pune (home) and Mumbai (work) but makes it to the frequent weekend meets. He made sure that he won’t miss this one.

IMG_7508.jpg

And that is Rakesh who got a real life demo of Fiat safety as Shashank’s passenger some time back, (link here) when his first car purchase was barely two months old.

IMG_7497.jpg

Some of us went out to recce and finalize a place that could ‘accommodate our vehicles, accommodate our tents and have a good view’, all at the same time. The serene outdoors were almost as good as a painting that had come alive.

DSC00193.jpg

As for the barbeque time, I am still writing.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    6 people like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome write up Amit!! And yes Aditya ke chehre se khushi tapak rahi hai!! :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Wowww....Excellent! Chennaites...We must plan something like this soon!!
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Just want to add, well there was no lunch for us. It was almost 5pm when we had our food, we may call it as lunner :-d
    We were supposed to reach rajmachi for brunch by 10am.

We ran out of time in waiting and photo shoot (which was any way more important than food at that time).
    As we were nearing rajmachi our uncles temperature was also reaching the boiling point and when we were just half a km furious uncle called and taken all of us for a ride. I was the poor fellow who picked up his call and he kept on saying in Marathi, at the very moment I thanked god for not knowing Marathi.but I could feel the heat coming out from ear piece.

This is one of the reason for not having any photo of the group having meals, we ate without uttering a word. :-D
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    4 people like this.
  9. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Plus one to that is: people feared chit chatting, losing concentration and risking their chicken pieces to sir amit pinge's everlasting hunger.. That's the most evident reason of no pictures of the lunch session. ;)

Cheers,
    Mahesh
    pronoy_banerjee and mchanna like this.
  10. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Everybody gathered at the venue after the photo session. It was fun to set up tents as this was the first time for most people to spend time outdoors. Imagine not having any walls / electricity / comfortable beds and all of the most common amenities that we are so habituated to in everyday life. Here is our camp fire, bang in the middle of the space we had occupied.

DSC00217.jpg

The camp fire was not giving enough light all the time. Auxiliary Lights of the Jeep were immediately being put to good use. Shashank was looking forward to consistent light so that everyone could have some barbecue. Notice the quantities of marinated food with a large utensil & a bucket that are seen in the photo.

IMG_8342.jpg

The chicken (leg pieces) were really good.

DSC00264.jpg

And even the vegans were happy with the chunks of Paneer & roasted potatoes.

IMG_8355.jpg

Civilization at a distance was just a bunch of sparking lights.

DSC00239.jpg

The fun part was incomplete without our in-house live musicians. And yes, they were taking requests of popular party songs.

DSC00279.jpg

We had a couple of friends join us somewhere in the middle of the night. The Royal Enfield got us two more pals who wanted to have a good time. Sorry there are no pics since everybody was busy having fun when they arrived.

The party was on till the camp fire turned into our night lamp.

IMG_6745.JPG

Good Night!
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014