1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @kunwar.g : the component speaker are called component as these are need to be assembled like :

1. Woofer
    2. Tweeter
    3. Crossover Electronics usually passive.

When there is no cross over the coil can generate 1khz (MID) as center frequency. which is naturally amplifies more than the 20khz & 45Hz.

The HP & LP filters helps in passing the frequency in opposite manner of this natural speaker coil producing frequency, least 1Khz more 20Khz in case of tweeter, Incase of woofer 40hz more & 1khz less. to equalize the complete system.

Also while a woofer got higher frequency it may burn its coil, & same tweeter coils works with high frequency otherwise it gets its balance ( alignment ) out with low frequencies. to protect these woofers & tweeter these LP & HP are used.

sometimes LP means it passes below 2Khz & HP means it passes more than 1K for protection purpose. So sound equalization purposes LP passes below 400hz (depends on the size of woofer) & above 4K on for tweeter - efficient manner, in both the way the MID will be get pass through. so MID will never be harmed intentionally . Hope my language was not so technical, A curve on graph helps understand easily but it's not handy with me right now, Sorry for that :(
  2. fiatcrazy

fiatcrazy Amatore

NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Got these images just for understanding :

Filter Responses.png BIGks-firtec-4.jpg.jpg
  3. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    open question, i want to buy an OEM grade touch screen,gps and reverse camera ready which could fit in my 2014 Tjet without any fuss.
    Any pointers are most welcome.
  4. nand_nanda

nand_nanda Timido

Hi All,

I just have a query, I recently upgraded my speakers to Focal auditor component front speakers and auditor coaxial in the rear.. So now i am thinking of adding a 4 channel amp to drive my component.

Does it make any difference in sound quality if I add a amp without a woofer or is it mandatory to have a sub woofer for better sound?
    Also can anyone suggest a decent 4 channel amp and a sub woofer?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Having a good head-unit and using a good 4channel amp does make a noticeable difference. The front components esp. could be driven at the intended RMS rating. A 4-channel amp like Blaupunkt 470DSP is best suited esp. if you intend to keep the factory HU. Along with it go for a small factory active under seat subwoofer or a 8-10" active sub for boot if you own a Punto. If you own a Linea go for 12" sub for boot either active or passive depending on your taste and budget.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i also had auditor components and co axials in mine for first 2 years and when i added auditor sub and amp, there was a world of difference. highly recommend it !!
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With components in front and subwoofer in boot in a hatchback ( read punto) driven by amp, how much difference will rear co-axial make ? With front components at around 60% volume how much would the rear be audible considering the fade is at 0 ?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The rear co-axials will fill the cabin better. When rear speakers are not playing or playing at lower volumes the difference is noticeable. Especially more for those sitting on the rear bench. For those sitting in front with front components the best listening experience can be guaranteed. The rear are fitted with co-axials if higher volumes are not needed as a compromise for investment of driving them with amp and ease of installation such as "where to install tweeters for rear components?" There are many who install them on B-pillars at top-most position for better imaging.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  9. nand_nanda

nand_nanda Timido

I have changed my stock HU to pioneer mixtrax a year back.. Which amp is best? I mean I wanted a very decent one.. budget around 6 to 8k for a 4 channel amp..
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 2, 2014 ---
    What is the cost of auditor amp and sub woofer?
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I bought it seconds for almost half price, working excellently.
    The auditor RIP 250S subwoofer which i'm having has 250W RMS output with 700W peak and the component speakers RIP165S is having 60W rms @ 4ohm. auditor amp is slightly more expensive . here is an ebay link: http://www.ebay.in/itm/FOCAL-AUDITO...=IN_Car_Accessories_Parts&hash=item2a41f7cde9

other alternative i can think of it hertz HE-4 amp , which also gives 70W X 2 + 200W for sub, bridged.
    (May be , u can check this hertz amp, which comes in your budget: http://gearheads.in/showthread.php?19893-HERTZ-HE4-4-channel-and-HE2-2-channel-amplifier/page4 )
    Just noticed: the seller in both links i posted is the same guy :)