1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Go for 4 ch for future upgrade as of now ...
    4 channel amplifier hertz, focal or jbl (GTO)
    Front speakers 6.5 component
    Rear speakers 5.5/6 coaxial.

Choose speakers with good rms power like > 60

e4fb6042ef2c76118fc8b237f05b95ee.jpg

2c3aa49e843c07fbb25c42a652ab4a2f.jpg

547c9801fc7b7f798a37c2d4d96a588e.jpg

I have to try this as we do not have preamp rc out in our stock delphi unit to attach amplifier
    This unit have 4 ch rc out and not required any wiring to be alter cut.

Mod Note: Please use edit option (within 15 min) to add additional information, instead of multiple posts. Thank You.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  2. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So JBL with 2Ch output? (with JBL Speakers) works good?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016
  3. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi Friends, lot of interesting valuable info you have shared. I have one idea, just buy Philips BT4200 Portable Bluetooth Speaker for 2000 rupees, switch on and place it in rear seat or in parcel tray, connect with mobile and enjoy music.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  4. Mustang

Mustang Timido

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    hi all

Firstly, this is a fantastic forum to catch up and share and discuss our Fiat's.

I picked up the 1.3 Avventura and it's been oooh la laa from day 1.
    The car came with an touchscreen and 4 speakers.. I've not been thoroughly impressed with the sound output, but sometimes with the right format of sound , it sounds pretty good.

I've been super confused on if I should change the stock speakers to a decent pair and didn't know where else to go.

Can anyone let me know your experience with the stock speakers and if you have also seen the need to upgrade..

Any help/advise is appreciated .

Many thanks
    Dave
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Quality source, quality hardware, right combination all things matter. You should start by adding a subwoofer first. I would recommend a JBL MS bass pro 12" for SQ or sound quality bass...tinkering tuning it right will fill the void and bring a wholesome nature to the sound.

Next step you can invest in good components with aramid cone woofer and nice crossovers like for example pioneer d1720, but that will need amplifier with linein support to provide reasonable power. I strictly suggest against line to RCA convertors.

I don't know about the touch screen headunit sound quality, never tested one. But if Audio CD plays well and produces high quality sound to your satisfaction then no point investing in high quality headunit.

When buying speakes try to stick to one brand and one model within any brand. Sound signature helps and gets ruined in mix matching.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Almost made my mind to go for aftermarket HU for Linea. The Blue & Me board in my car is gone and FASS has quoted Rs. 14000 to replace it. Instead of doing that I have decided to replace the HU itself. Some questions.

1. Is Connects2 interface available in India for all kind of HU's? I am thinking about Alpine/Pioneer.
    2. How much does the Connects2 cost?

Regarding the HU, have shortlisted the below. Any suggestions?
    - Alpine CDE-164BT
    - Alpine CDE-149BT
    - Pioneer DVH-875AVBT
    - Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Alpine comes with it's own ecosystem if you will. The imprint hardware paraphernalia. So with or without Imprint is good especially the sound profiles it allows to alter via it's own app for smartphones. If you buy alpine processor with wolfson it will allow absolute correction and control irrespective of car acoustics. But well worth it if you think it's for you.

Pioneer 80prs is a high quality audio player (audiophile grade) with great amounts of bitstream processing and oversampling capabilities, coupled with high quality filters, multiple dac chips and zero noise high resolution sound but it will need high quality cables OFC RCA cables that are well shielded. Yes normal ones can work too probably.
    Mainly it is for active mode use by discarding the passive crossovers and running in 3 way active mode. Separate amps or channels for tweeters and mid woofers and subwoofers. Ample of settings for every user but no easy setup as such for fine tuning unless you understand the slopes and peaks and crossover points etc. Great EQ control. Highly recommended..! Even for plug and play traditional setup. You need to be careful while selecting the brands that go with it. Sound signature can be distasteful but cannot explain further unless you experience yourself. Depends on speakers too. Active and regular mode with traditional speaker crossovers is selectable via a switch somewhere on headunit prior to install. But very clean output yes. For speaker recommendations pure SQL oriented stuff. Do tell if need suggestions for speakers that wouldn't sound shrill or induce colour to the sound.

Update : somewhere on this forum one member has cracked those settings difficult for an average joe and explained how to tune 80prs. We need to find that; just in case.

Connects2 costs 1800-2500 but many out there fleece you. Connects2 Fiat-Pioneer. For local market understanding.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    ramjn likes this.
  8. Alok Sabade

Alok Sabade Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hi, I have a Linea Emotion Pack(2012 model) which has Blue&Me and steering mounted controls. I want to upgrade my HU and I'm ready to ditch Blue&Me.

I am not an audiophile, but I would prefer a 2-din system with Video IN for rear camera that I plan on fitting later. I read elsewhere on the forums that steering key-mapping could be done for the aftermarket(Although I consider this feature a good-to-have rather than a must). For the HU (alone) my budget is around 10k.

Has anybody done or know of such a mod? If yes, which model would best fit my requirement? How difficult is it to get the steering keys to work?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Steering mount can be retained with popular brands especially, for Chinese aftermarket touch screen ones also it should be possible. All other things are discussed on the forum please go through the various ICE queries.