1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It shouldn't void any warranty if you are not cutting any wires. Many have upgraded without any issues. I have changed the HU, Speakers and installed amp too. No issues with warranty as no wire cutting. New setup is entirely on new speaker and power cables, so hardly any issue
  2. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks but Can you please post some pics of speakers wires at the time of fitting so i can ask my shop to do same like that ... Else guide how to source socket for upgrades
    and how about stock speakers of evo daynemic vs jbl or any reputed brand about performance.
    I heard that there is no rc out how to manage that part
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Sachin patel if you want marked improvement in sound, use Infinity Kappa 5.5" coaxials front and use Audio CD or quality ripped files high bitrate VBR. Or WMA Pro ripped files prefreably 196 kbps. That way you don't need to worry about wiring. Evo or modern Fiat HUs are pretty good quality. SQL wise, definitely sound lot better with Audio CDs for obvious reasons of sampling.

Don't mix brands and if you want punch use Kappa 6x9s for rear. Tray can be fabricated for Punto or might be available depending on your location. In Mumbai for example you get prefabed tray for Punto I was told.

Other option is line in capable amp 4 channel for 4 channels and signal splitter cable for Sub amp or Active Sub.
  4. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am also planning foe active sub like blaupunkt but rc out is a concern from stock player if you put light on that part please
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You can split a speaker singal and pass it to an Active Subwoofer. Some do allow speaker inputs, else you can use line convertor to convert that speaker output to RCA and feed it to Active Subwoofer. Do check Blaupunkt - GTb 8 A - 8 Inch Active Subwoofer Enclosure (150 W), might have speaker input. Not sure though.

blau.jpg

XLB 300 for example has hi level input, which is what you need to avoid line convertor.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  6. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Today i am going to check with reputed shop in surat ... Let you know progress...thanks
  7. Bibendu

Bibendu Timido

Cuttack
    Linea T-Jet
    What do you guys think about this product from virtueindia.
    Infotainment System for Linea – 2014 (SA-156EL).
    Is this any better than other after market upgrades? touch-dashboard.jpg
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @ssateesh Has one such headunit installed on his Tjet. You may check with him for any leads/help.
  9. gautamcv

gautamcv Timido

Mind blowing thread Paddleshifter. Great job friend..
  10. Yogesh Agarwal

Yogesh Agarwal Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Guys.

Planning to get JBL Speakers for my Punto Evo. 2 Sets of Speakers + Amplifier (Component).

Does JBL 2 channel amp with oval speakers give good treble and bass effect? or 4 channel? please advice. I am planning to upgrade as stock speakers doesn't have any good effects :(

Please let me know if it will work good :).
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2016