1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Infinity Kappa 10 is the best sql sub for price. Don't go for 8 inch. It sounds nice at some volumes but misses out the lows on others. Dual 10" is perfect size for sedan. If you are not looking at active setup immediately, try the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs for front doors. Amazingly good mids and highs. Disconnect rear door for some time and spin around and see. Probably a 6" kappa co-axial for lower mid bass punch on rear doors.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thinking about Morel Virtus ;). Target to go active is 3-4 months time now :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Unfortunately, Morel Virtus is all about crossover quality and design more than speaker cone and voice call. Which of course is great too. But I say unfortunately cause on Active setups you need not use crossovers at all. In which case it could be a waste. However, if you are to use regular FRS mode then the crossovers can really show their capability. Morels of course have their trademark low cross over points. So they are very capable no doubt. But having said that my personal opinion is the tweets really need to be controlled on them esp. the maximmo range to make them less painful to ears. Too bright as they say. On that level the Infinity have fantastic dome tweeters and sound much more sweet and offer exceptional tonality too, and the smaller 5.25" drivers have some of the best response you can find on any speakers and to top it all they are 2ohm capable as far as power handling and volume is concerned and the mid bass is pretty good, lovely signature sound. But no matter what you select do stick to one brand which of course you must know already. Therefore the importance of selecting a specific brand.

Will post recent pics of drivers of our fellow TFIan Imteeyaz's car later.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson yes the gain value is at lower limit. Presently I have not yet changed the rear speakers. Its stock one. So, for matching the volume the gain was reduced. Clarity is indeed good. As I am also using a 10 inch sub also. Altogether I am happy with the outcome.
    The damping material is butyl rubber based one. I red in another thread in tfi itself that on long term it melts!! Anyway I have pasted a small portion under the hood to see it holds up with heat or it melts.

IMG_20151203_140454.jpg
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It needs to be pressed hard with a roller so that the sheet's adhesive does not trap air and the adhesive does not go weak. To prevent peel off you can add superglue like adhesive at some points on edge and again roller them hard and use electrical insulation tape to hold them overnight. That should ensure trouble free dampening. Of course overall adhesive quality we don't know but hopefully will hold if it does not fall within a months time.

dampmat-rollers.jpg
    8.jpg
    ^^Rollers for Dampening Sheet. Provided or sold separately with Dampmat brand.
    nkrishnap and mohdshea like this.
  6. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson actually it was only hand pressed. The overall stickiness seems satisfactory. I am not an expert in this nor had seen any installs previously. Newbie and layman to core. If the one pasted under hood sticks on, then I think we can suppose those inside the door too sticks. In my current experiment those in doors is the test and the one under hood is the control I suppose. :angelic:
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I will let my installer source it. He is dependable on these stuff.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Meanwhile for active vifa or scanspeak or dls scandinavia are options. That is without passive crossovers. Morel 603 can offer 3 way component and very close reproduction capability without complexity of setting up active install settings. Network 1-4. But its probably too early to discuss..? :) _20151204_172706.JPG _20151204_172808.JPG _20151204_173151.JPG IMG_20151118_155409.jpg IMG_20151118_170948.jpg
    IMG_20151118_155327.jpg IMG_20151118_155041.jpg IMG_20151118_155149.jpg Image Courtesy : TFIan Imteeyaz Pathan. Best deals were available on snapdeal, ebay and paytm. Amps used are two blaupunkt 470sf and a 12" boxed sub from blaupunkt in a sweet deal with cash backs and spot discounts from reseller. Headunit and Subwoofer details mentioned in earlier posts.
    nkrishnap likes this.
  10. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have punto evo model and asked fass about upgrade speakers but they told it will void warranty... Is it possible to upgrade without any warranty issue...