1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @kunwar.g
    Thank you. I might finalize on gto 470 sf. Its available on snapdeal for 5800. I learnt from previous pages that it's not wise to mix front and rear speakers of different make. Likewise is there any benefits in choosing amplifier and speakers of same make. Please forgive if my question is stupid.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its not wise to mix brands of speakers for front and rear as they would have different signatures. But its not a sin. Some people do mix them basis what signature they are offering and what is the end goal. Usually done only while having an active set-up, In active set-up people even change the components of just the front too. Midbass and Tweeter of one brand and mid range of another. Again this has to be tried and tested to get the desired results.

Havn't heard of even any minor benefit of choosing same brand in speaker and amp. There might be some, but guess not worth the restriction.

All really boils down to personal taste. What I like might be pathetic to your taste. And there is no way to do that measurement :)
    mohdshea likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea, you can get a much better deal on 470sf via paytm. You get a cash back. I know this since 2 have been ordered currently for another TFIan friend.

Sound is a very perceptive and subjective thing. Therefore you should read more about SPL and SQL setups. Many companies call these competition speakers. But to get SQL or sound quality out of competition speakers isn't unheard of.

With regards your brand query for same amp and speakers certain companies make things for a specific budget range. And it makes sense to choose an entire set than to mix match, esp. if you are not aware of what kind of sound signature a particular speaker driver of a brand or its sub brand has.

For example I would choose Rockford fosgate over Polk or Kicker 8 out of 10 times. Some say they are the same the Kickers. But all these brands produce highend stuff that people swear by. Likewise, I also think in certain aspects Infinity sound better than Morel, but overall Morel are better but at a premium too, but if price difference is substantial I would select an Infinity over Morel if it saves me substantial money. Depending on how critical a listener I am or how spoilt for taste. Very difficult to summarise on specific aspects of differentiation, due to lack of understanding of adequate audiophile terminology.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    mohdshea likes this.
  4. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson thank you. I red it twice. :angelic:
    I am from kerala and delivery is sometimes a problem here. Amazon have delivery but gto 470 not available with them. Let me see if there is other options available.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2015 ---
    I have contacted both snapdeal and paytm. They both don't ship this item to anywhere in kerala. That's disappointing. I think I will have to go for the available options in amazon. Either Blaupunkt EMa 455 4channel or the jbl GX A644si.
    Actually I am bit inclined towards jbl from the specs. Don't know if I am wrong kindly please advise.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2015 ---
    @kunwar.g one quick query. Does this amplifier gto 470 sf come with high level speaker input? My HU is stock, so its the only way I could power the amplifier.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @mohdshea . the input sensitivity is 0.1 - 8 V . Stock HU input would be fine. Attaching application options and speaker attachment options from the user manual for your reference.

You keep referring it as GTO. Its actually GTA. GTA 470 SF :)

ScreenHunter_517 Nov. 18 00.50.jpg
    mohdshea likes this.
  6. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @kunwar.g :wtf: sorry. Certain mistakes its difficult to change. Right? Actually when I called snapdeal helpline and asked about this product, I made the same mistake and that guy was repeatedly asking me if it is GTO itself. My bad.
    Finally I decided to ship it to Bangalore.
    Kunwar, so from what u are saying, I believe it has got speaker level high level input besides having the usual rca ones.
    Blaupunkt site says speaker level inputs in EMA 455 model but not specified in GTA 470 SF. That's why the confusion.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    l_blaupunkt-gta-470sf_4_1396249876.jpg

470SF does not have line level inputs. Better go for EMA series if you are planning to run stock HU setup.
    Line to RCA Convertors will induce noise in case they are low quality ones. 470 SF needs RCA inputs as read above.
    mohdshea likes this.
  8. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @asimpleson thank you. That was my confusion. Cleared now.
    Ema 455 have 55-80 watts as RMS power and peak 600w. Most of the components have anywhere less than 60 watts RMS. I heard from crutchfield that its better to choose an amplifier with at least 10% more RMS power. So, will that be a problem?
    Shouldn't I go for jbl gx A644si with 60W RMS and 1000w peak.
    Actually, I am having least hands on experience in these. Experts kindly please help.which one should I choose?
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My bad. I didnt understand the question correctly. asimpleson gave the right answer.
  10. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    @kunwar.g which one will u choose among the two. Both are available at almost same price. 4900 for Blaupunkt and 5100 for jbl. Please, I am in dilemma. :woot: