1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    --Do you mean, it's 2013 manufactured model bought in 2014 (i.e., the old style classic front grille ?) Mine is a 2014 Sept manufacture Linea (with new front grille style), and the unit fits perfectly.--

Edit:
    Never mind, I thought you were talking about the Virtue India unit. I didn't realize that you were talking about the Ali Express link android unit.
  2. guna_gopi

guna_gopi Timido

Chennai
    Mine is a 2014 April manufactured (with new grill). In new one audio comes in somewhat oval shape. uploadfromtaptalk1442368320486.jpg
  3. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Right. I edited my previous comment already. The Virtue India head unit fits the dash correctly, the AliExpress Android unit doesn't. That's what I meant.
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
  5. guna_gopi

guna_gopi Timido

Chennai
    Thanks for your inputs @harryaviator. As I informed earlier panel that I have ordered in aliexpress got delivered, once reached home need to check with person for fixing it in my car :).
  6. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    best of luck dude. waiting for a detailed review of the same.
  7. guna_gopi

guna_gopi Timido

Chennai
    With the help of my friend I Changed my Audio Unit in my Fiat Linea 2014 model, It took some time to fix but the work is completed and Audio unit is working fine. But there are few modification need to be done for the Panel bought through aliexpress.com (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/One-...-Dash-Mount-Installation-Trim/1954817795.html)

Bought Infinity PR6500CS speaker which was bought almost a year back added Kenwood 720W amp which I used in my old car.

IMG_20150920_161020.jpg

Panel bought in Aliexpress has a flat top surface need to be modified sine there is small metal comes in the top middle of the audio Din. IMG_20150920_214437.jpg

Small cut made in the panel to fix.
    IMG_20150920_214404.jpg

I used a Sony Audio Unity from my old car is bit short in Length so we added to few bolts to increase the length at the end of the speaker so it can fix well in the slot. IMG_20150920_215338.jpg

After fixing car stereo. IMG_20150920_234906.jpg
    Turbothinghy, rvlkiran and SOOZ_P like this.
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    looks an extremely neat job for a DIY. congrats!
  9. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello friends,
    Back in 2011, I had strong feelings that ice needs some upgrades. Due to lack of vit.M I was not in any plan. That time I accidentally saw a left alone old 2005 model I suppose Sony 500 watt amplifier and a pioneer sub with enclosure with one of my friends. He was not using it anymore. So I asked him if he is willing to sell it to me. Anyway he gave it to me for free. I went to a local accessories shop and found the woofer was almost dead. Bought a new bass tube and since the amplifier could take high level input, rear signal was used to power the sub. I did not changed the HU or the speakers. Later I could procure a Blaupunkt blue tooth device and I was happy in the overall set up. I used to keep the bass control in the HU between -3 and 2 and was more than enough.
    Last month i noticed that my old friend is trying to upgrade his sunny ice and yes I gave every thing back to him even though he refused a bit.
    Oh God, now with the punchy low gone and with the bass control at 6 in the hu, its horrible I think:banghead:
    Finally I realized I need some upgrades again.
    Still not planning to invest big sums:(
    Most of the time I drive the music is on. But still slight increase in SQ also might keep me happy.
    I was going through various options available. I really need some help in deciding the amplifier and speakers.
    Planning to buy a 4 channel amp and components for front as a start.
    Blaupunkt gto 470 sf or jbl gx a644si.
    I have currently no option to audition. So highly depending on reviews and opinions from here.
    Have anyone having any experience with Blaupunkt cx170 components?
    Thanking you all in advance:)
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have the Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF along with the Hertz ESK 165.5 in my car. HU is Pioneer 3790UI and sub is a 10" JL Audio. Quite happy with the performance of the amp. Have set it up at approx 50% gain and the max i go on the HU is volume upto 35. Max goes over 55 IIRC.
    mohdshea likes this.