1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Disabled the right rear speaker and used that connection for my subwoofer(Home Audio 2.1) ,also retained the door speaker.From the door brought out two wires one from headunit and the other the door speaker wire in the boot, whenever too much luggage detach the subwoofer from the headunit and connect speaker wire.
    Now I can feel the Bass punch.It was DIY. Did lot of learning before this installation , its an 30watts subwoofer.Waiting for my passive crossover , ordered through eBay.
    Fully satisfied.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    As far as you are satisfied its good.. :)

@Ganges
    Ganges likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The main reason for satisfaction was DIY :p .To which ever installer I went all refused to do so and suggesting to go for amplifier.Explained them all the technicalities about my head unit and the speaker impedance matching no one trying to understand.Finally bought a allenkey removal for 5mm and started experiment.The Bass punch now at it's best.
    All doors speakers at 3100INR.Woofer for free.10mts speaker wire for 100INR.Passive crossover 400INR.
    Fitted everything in low budget . :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade the stock music system in steps. At first I'm thinking about installing components at front and a 4channel amplifier. I'm looking at rockford fosgate punch components and blaupunkt amp which can take high level input as I'll be changing the head unit only in a later stage.

Amp:
    https://paytm.com/shop/p/blaupunkt-...-470-sf-AUTBLAUPUNKT-CAJAZZ2525186C71D9_28354

Components:
    https://paytm.com/shop/p/rockford-f...1675-s-AUTROCKFORD-FOSCAR-395074E93F3ED_45274

I'm not sure whether the amp can take high level input or not.

Should i change the wiring also?

Please suggest.
    varunrtr likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It will easily handle the components... comps are 60Wrms@4ohm and amp rating is 70Wrms@4ohm. Also good enough for a sub of around 250W rms later .
    Fayad likes this.
  6. sonu0214

sonu0214 Timido

hubli
  7. Arjunbhargava

Arjunbhargava Amatore

New Delhi
    Sarojini Nagar
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Fayad you should go for a 100 watt rms comp mate..The amp you selected is a good one but I tested the same in my punto for 2-3 days.... I also tried and installed a cerwin wega amp which is very good and makes my car sing..please try those too...

@sonu0214 I guess these are available on aliexpress as well and can be ordered from there too but these are chinese I guess...http://www.aliexpress.com/premium/punto-evo.html?ltype=wholesale&SearchText=punto evo&d=y&origin=y&initiative_id=SB_20150609060620&isViewCP=y&catId=0
  8. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys although I am a new member here, I ve been lurking around the forum a bit. It was only a day back I became a member here.

I have been looking to do some audio upgrades on my Punto Dynamic. The main concern is that I dont want to spoil the stock look. I am not exactly and audiophile and what bothers me most with the stock audio set up in Dynamic, is that it can play only Cds. I have been looking at ways to add an aux functionality and only option is to upgrade the HU. As I said before, it will hamper the stock view, which I do not want.

Another alternative that I have been mulling over is to get an amplifier with a separate Aux in option along with speaker level inputs. The stock HU that has speaker level output will be connected to the amp and when I feel like need to play music other than FM, my mobile will be connected to the aux in of the amps for that.

Is this set up doable? Are there any amps that have a separate aux in also? Sorry I am really out of sync with the ICE market. Only reason I am thinking of this route is because I am fed up of listening only to radio.
  9. Kunal Gosavi

Kunal Gosavi Timido

Pune
    Linea 1.4
    What are the options to upgrade to 2din touch screen music system in fiat linea emotion 2010 without affecting steering controls??
  10. guna_gopi

guna_gopi Timido

Chennai
    elegante-intro.jpg

I own 2014 model Active model, I like to upgrade my Audio unit. Is there any branded Audio Unit available in market.

I also came to know that New Linea Elegant comes with Audio Unit with touch screen.. Is is possible to purchase one from market.