1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ah well, OK. I have not auditioned these. So cannot comment. :) But still these will need amp power to drive these.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Turbothinghy
    as you are opting for the 4 channel amp,then why not all 4 component speakers ?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Based on our discussion, while he wants the best at a given price point, he will be flexing the budget by around 35-40% already. A single entry level component from Morel is 11-11.5k landed price. That makes it 22-23k plus quality amplfiier about 10-12k+ other items like Sub etc. its already nearing 45k approx. or maybe more. Will depend. So maybe using rear co-ax. he could save about 5k.
    Ganges likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have read someewhere in the forum that for Punto Emotion Pack the Front speakers are components and rear are coax,so we can directly plug and play the Morel Components ? The wattage of the OEM speakers mentioned is 30*4 watts. So does this affect on HU with Morel components?
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Punto emotion /90 hp have 6.5" component speakers at front and 5.25" co-axial at rear. The make is JBL I guess. Morels have max wattage of 240W. I don't think it should affect the HU. @asimpleson your thoughts on this please.
    Ganges likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The HUs most of them provide about 15-20w per channel even if they rate them at higher nos. (peak values). The speakers too are just sufficient for normal listening levels. Is is assumed that customers could go for better audio therefore companies don't necessarily give best audio solution in these vehicle segments; also for cost reasons. The newer HUs should be better or improvised over previous generations, but the audio capability I am unclear about. The prior gen HUs as far as Sq is concerned were not bad. The CDs atleast could indicate great fidelity capability of the HUs (of-course with aftermarket speakers).

Most components sold by companies which have more resistance values of 3 or 2ohms (like in subs) will need that capable amplifiers to provide sustained power to the speakers.

If one thinks of just powering these out of head-unit best not to invest more than 3-4k at max. Definitely passive crossovers and tweeters esp. need amps to power them to avoid injury to HU or Speakers (tweeters) themselves.

We by and large install 2 way components, but three way components are installed only by major audio enthusiasts. Definitely rare in India but probably catching up in big way with special custom installs and installers on rise.
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Ganges and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson
    How about 3 way,4 way and 5 way Coaxial speakers ? i'm seeing that sony is having 5 way speakerat reasonable price.So can we easily replace the stock speakers with this 5 way speaker or need intermediate device to connect ? Is it worth ?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges, the ones you are mentioning do not have a dedicated cross-over of course. But you can use them with or without amp as well. The Sony XS-N16502 for example is good for budget systems and could sound satisfactory enough.
  9. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    My Blaupunkt THA555 got fried due to its proximity to a leaky water bottle. I was pretty happy with the performance of the four Polk dB6501 components and the 12" JBL sub.

I'm looking for a suitable replacement amplifier. Suggestions please?

If anyone's selling a THA555 I'd be happy to take it off their hands.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Unless it has burnt tracks it could be repaired, I guess. Have you tried that?