1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Abh1nav

Abh1nav Timido

New Delhi
    Was looking at some You Tube videos and thought that I might be able to swap the unit myself!

Anyhow, about the pen drive issue., maybe its due to the format of your pen drive? Because I cant seem to find any info on this!

Also, was going through Blaupunkt India's Facebook page and they have mentioned it a number of times that the products sold on Snapdeal will not be eligible for warranty. This his got met thinking!
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Abh1nav mostly the dealers stamp a warranty card and sell the product. There is no reason you need to contact Snapdeal. Just mention the name of reseller and show warranty card with stamp to the service center in case of issues. Generally issues are very rare these days if product is installed rightly and used carefully.
  3. abhishek643

abhishek643 Timido

pune
    Hey Guys,

I have punto emotion bought in 2011 which doesnt have USB and AUX. I want to upgrade HU which have USB+AUX+Bluetooth(not for calls only for music). I am happy with my speakers output so only want to change my HU. After reading this thread i believe i have use 1DIN HU correct me if i am wrong. My concern here is only with looks and appearance of how it will look after upgrade. So can anyone suggest me which HU should i go for?

Thanks,
    Abhishek
  4. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Yashik,
    You seems to be the Demigod of ICE, you have brilliantly explained.
    I have something to ask, how do we remove the settings from repeat in the new music system (say in face lift Linea MJD Emotion).
    As songs have to be changed manually, and one can't go from folder to folder the only way to go to another folder is to keep on forwarding all the songs till one reaches to the song in the particular folder.

Please enlighten.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This was recently taken care by @PradeepM . Refer to his posts in the forum. :)
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear everyone, I will be back here after May and will update the thread. I am really short of time these days so havent been able to reply to the queries. Apologies for the same.

@Prashant Teki - I am not a demigod of ICE lol. I myself rely on friends for most info. I have just combined bits and pieces at one place of whats known and whats discussed at places on this forum.

For turning off repeat, you have to turn off "LOOP ON" feature. Go to Blue&Me settings. In old Linea/Punto, it could be done from the "Phone" icon on right side. Go to settings/Media player/Loop and turn it off. Details are mentioned in the manual on how to. :)

As far as folder option is concerned, you can press the voice command button and say "Folders". A list of folders appears and you can scroll to the folder of your choice. But the issue is that the media player will play songs from only this folder. If you have to play music from another folder, you have to again choose that folder manually.

@santhukp - Your installer hasn't provided input to from the fuse box for switching off the HU along with the ignition. But I do not recommend that you allow him to fiddle with the fuse box (located near the right side of the steering wheel on the lower half of the dashboard). If he took 15 mins just to remove the HU, maybe he is not an expert. I am attaching a pic of the type of wire tap (optional) required for taking output from the fusebox. The en of the wire can directly be inserted in a fuse too. Just do not cut any wire.

buss_fuse_tap.jpg

@Abh1 http://www.teamfiat.com/members/abh1nav.12318/

You can swap the HU but you may need this ISO harness for easier connection.

ISO converter adapter.jpg
    asimpleson and Prashant Teki like this.
  7. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    PaddleShifter likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. I want to upgrade the soundstage of my 90 hp that I bought a month ago. Though I feel the sound produced is decent I won't mind making it better.
    I learned that the rear co-axial speakers are 5.25 and that 6.5 can be fixed as well. Would fitting a decent 6.5 in the rear have any noticeable improvement in the sound stage?

Also I don't want to change the HU as it would look out of place and don't want to add a subwoofer/amplifier as it would hamper the boot space. So what can be the best upgrade for me?

I like the bass of the stock set up but in higher volumes (greater than 1app it doesn't sound great.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated :)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2015 ---
    Also would changing the speakers lead to any kind of rattling?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you want a big jump in sound and sound signature and soundstage, best to go for components (atleast in front). I would recommend Morel Maximo 6.5 in front with a compatible 4 channel amp, and the same amp delivering power also to the rear speakers. For rear co-axials of the same brand or if you are willing to spend, the same pair of components with tweeters mounted on B-pillars or C-pillars depending on your taste. But if you are driving 1 or 2 people max. most of the time, then front components will be sufficient.

If you can try to buy a compact efficient class FD amp (like Pioneer) or else any standard entry or mid-level class AB amp will do. Buy the best hi-low convertor possible to get for cleaner signal to the amps.

Remember to tweak/retune your system with a good Audio CD. Setup proper hi and low pass frequencies to begin with for mids and highs. There is no substitute to dedicated/discrete bass frequency handling; so definitely consider under-seat sub atleast for the future.

Rattling can happen if installation is not done properly. Use the spacer rings shipped with components and co-axials, or maybe if installer has them, try using MDF rings.
    Prashant Teki and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @asimpleson for the explained suggestion. And yes under seat sub option sounds great :)
    Also is it mandatory to use the rear co-axials of the same company as the front ones? Normally there are 2 people in the car including me so I guess I can let the rear ones as is and upgrade the front component speakers and get an amp?