1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Anand Dhir

Anand Dhir Timido

santhukp likes this.
  2. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
  3. Anand Dhir

Anand Dhir Timido

Stereo holder, the exact word is Stereo console.

I is available with Fiat ASS and MRP is only Rs.235/-

If you dont trust Snapdeal, you may visit to and car accessories shop and ask for Blaupunkt stereo.
  4. SOLMANPunto

SOLMANPunto Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

This my first post to TFI forum.
    I have just got a 2009 Grande Punto Emotion from a friend who maintained the car real well but was never interested much in music. Hence I still got the plain vanilla unit without any AUX or USB.
    I want to get the AUX and USB added to it, but do not want much interference with the Original Equipment as I am not very comfortable messing up with the car's electricals much for music. I have read about the FM Modulator but I think I may not be happy with the sound quality.
    Can someone please tell me where can I get this done in Bangalore? If in JC Road, any particular shop recommendation would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a repeated request. My search for this in multiple forum thread did not give any substantial results.
  5. Ahmed Mubeen

Ahmed Mubeen Timido

chennai
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @SOLMAN PUNTO
    IF YOUR HU SHOWS AUX IN THE DISPLAY WHEN YOU PRESS THE CD KEY TWICE, THEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF CONNECTING AN AUX CABLE FROM THE REAR OF THE HU BY SOLDERING METHOD. CARE MUST BE TAKEN AS NOT TO PULL THE SOCKET WITHOUT THE SYSTEM KEY/BOOKLET.

I DONT POSSES MUCH IDEAS ON INTERFACING USB WITH STOCK HEAD UNIT.
    FM MODULATORS, INFER FROM THE FORUMS THAT THEY DONT PRODUCE GREAT AUDIO QUALITY.
    PRECISELY DONT KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET THIS DONE AT BANGALORE.

REGARDS
  6. SOLMANPunto

SOLMANPunto Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ahmed for the suggestion about AUX. I checked the HU by pressing CD twice and I do get the AUX option.
    I would like to get this fixed along with the USB input, if I can get this done anywhere in Bangalore.
    Suggestions still invited.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Another bad experience from the dealer.Just reached after visiting the dealership.Those guys saying it will cost 600Rs and there is no stock.In 99rpm,it cost only 350 Rs. including shipping.Worst people.wasted 2 ltr petrol for this useless dealer.

decided to buy Blaupunkt Sydney which cost 5500Rs. but they are asking Rs1200 for this holder.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why r they asking for 600. I got it in NOV month from FASS for 235.00. Infact when I went to FASS, even they didn't have it, but they ordered for me...i paid 200 advance and later 35 post delivery, which was done in 4 days.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with Kunwar.g as I too bought it for Rs235/-. Maybe they are selling some aftermarket one. There is no reason to overcharge on a genuine spare part.
  10. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I don't know,but i told them it costs only Rs300 in other dealership.I dont wanted to waste money/time in searching other dealerships so ordered from 99rpm waiting for delivery now.