1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Official "Aftermarket" In Car Entertainment (ICE) upgrade guide v2

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 1, 2014.

1. nand_nanda

nand_nanda Timido

Hi All,

Sorry if this is wrong thread to post this query.
    I have a very basic question, I have recently upgraded by speakers to component in the front and coaxial in the rear.. I have Pioneer mixtrax HU.. I am happy with the clarity I get, but when I switch on the music and come out of the car I am able to hear the music outside the car as well.. This happens even when I keep the volume level to a decent extent.. I observed this when I got stuck in a traffic signal today and people were starring at me.. I have not done damping on my doors.. Is this because of damping? or some other reason?

Thanks,
    Nanda
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dampening will improve sound within and take care of jarring etc. But that is optional and good if you are also using an amp. Is it so loud, I mean weird loud like there are speakers outside rather than inside. Are you sure they don't look at the car wondering what a wonderful car..:p
    nand_nanda likes this.
  3. nand_nanda

nand_nanda Timido

he he..:p
    yes i am able to hear the sound outside.. that is why i was little worried..:-(
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Just compare with other cars at similar sound level. Ask the accessories shop in doubt. He will ofcourse be happy to suggest you dampening. Although some amount of sound still will creep out, especially bass notes at high volume.
  5. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I am tired of burning the CDs and CD burner is dead now.Please suggest me neat looking Car stereo which can play via USB, and AUX in.
    My Budget is max 6K and i don't want use Amp or any other accessories and suggest me shop where i can purchase and fit it
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Buy a Sony HU with DM+ for USB, MP3 files digital enhancement. Makes average MP3 sound better. Great to have feature moreso for non-amp setup. However quality speakers, amp and sub do make a huge improvement too.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    can you tell me any model name?
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    santhukp likes this.
  9. Anand Dhir

Anand Dhir Timido

Just go to Fiat ASS and buy a stereo holder.
    Go to any car accessory shop and buy a Blaupunkt Stereo.

U will get Aux + USB + MP3 in around 4.5k

and with BT in 6.5k.

Remove the OEM HU and place new HU.

The wiring is same so it is just plug and play.
    santhukp likes this.
  10. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi everyone, I have a 2013 Punto active version, I had planned to upgrade my OEM music system but I was told by the technician at Torrid Fiat service station that if do so my cars warranty will get void. I just wanted to confirm if thats true. My current HU only plays CD and radio, I need a USB input atleast if not aux.