1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI National Meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Jun 7, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice !! Objective of starting this thread has been achieved ;)

Guys - Ranthambore is not final. It was just a thought. Feel free to come up with new ideas / places.

Just one thing though : Make sure the place offers decent accomodation facilities. A nice play to stay with good food ensures is a MUST

Tadoba looks difficult because of the above reason. The accomodation facilities are VERY basic
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I just called up Pench National Park! They said the park closes July end and starts up only in November!
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Fellows.. how about Goa ? My point is if you keep further north people from the extreme south like Kerala & Tamil Nadu would find it difficult to drive that long (there may be exceptions) and being a FIAT meet many would love to come with their own prestigious FIATs rather than by rail or by flight. If I am to travel to Rajasthan it would be 2000 + kms and to pench it would bearound 1800+ .
    Trivandrum -Goa - 800 + Kms
    Mumbai -Goa - 400 + Kms
    Delhi - Goa - 1400+ Kms (Sorry again high..)
    Chennai-Goa - 700 +
    Bangalore-Goa - 400 +
    Hyderabad -Goa - 500+

I think except for our Delhi fellows, the distance is not too high. Pardon me if I have missed out any location.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Ravi ::T -Wonderful choice. Need to know more about accommodation facilities & food. Hope it should be fine. How about hogenakkal ?
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Dandeli sounds pretty good.

Excerpts from the website

Dandeli is approximately 125 Km from Goa and is well connected with the other parts of the country.

Jan-May & Oct -Dec Peak Season
    June 16th -Sept 16th Off Season

I assume from the above that a meet before mid of september would be apt. Or does Off Season mean that it is closed?
    Any one?
  7. drarvindc

Count me in guys.

Me and my wife (better half - better driver) would be glad to join in. Let us know when to start packing the bags. :D

I think, keeping it on the west India side would provide access to better road infrastructure to our south / north guys.
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

This is awesome one more mexican wave yaaayyy lolz. Im in again, will be driving ofcourse. any one from Mumbai up for driving to the National meet ??? Grandeur, Andy, Ratan Sir, VP, Rajesh Aaron and everyone else up for driving??????

My point of asking was if at all the distance is more than a 1000kms , we will have to take an over night halt and It would be fun if there is a group of us together with our babies( as in rides) lol. We would need to finalise this in a month I guess(mid july) to proceed with the necessary bookings and for sending leave applications lol. Awesome initiative all over again Mods. Awesome. Would really like to meet Yashik, he is the one from whom I came to know about TFI.
  9. Guys please try to keep the meet in Rajasthan as suggested by Amogh....Even the Factory meet was held in Pune and Delhi members were unable to show up in large number (only Aneesh and Cartoos managed to attend). Goa or any other location would refrain delhi/chandigarh (North TFI'ans).....This is a request :)
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Linea 1.4
    Great initiative amogh , sandeep :)

Look forward to the meet.

Also, I have been to rantambhore... The sight of tiger in wild, though a really spectacular thing, you need to be lucky to spot them. We couldnt :(

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011