1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI National Meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Jun 7, 2011.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    After the success of the Anniversary Meets - it's time to start planning for the next phase of TFI Meets, the biggest one being (and the long pending) - TFI NATIONAL MEET !!

A lot of us have been suggesting this but unfortunately we were just not able to plan anything concrete. Now that slowly, things are falling into place we can think about a National Meet.

Here is what we have in mind.

Ranthambore Tiger Reserve

Suggested Dates:
    Early to Mid October

Why Rajasthan?
    Well, this was a tricky one. Frankly speaking, Pune & Mumbai are bang in the middle of the country (well, almost). So ideally a National Meet should be planned somewhere in Maharashtra so that members from North & South almost travel the same distance. But then, Maharashtra does not offer a lot of "exotic" destinations and also, the Mumbai and Pune guys don't get to do long distance drives if the meet is in Maharashtra.

Rajasthan has it's own beauty and the location we have chosen (Ranthambore Tiger Reserve) is an awesome place !!

Also the quality of roads connecting Rajasthan to North & South India is excellent. Overall, we think Rajasthan has all it takes to make our meet a success.

Why Ranthambore?
    Well, a National Meet should have some "purpose" so that it becomes an attraction for the entire family. I don't know how many of you have seen (or not seen) tigers in the wild, but trust me guys : seeing a tiger in the wild is one of the BEST sights nature can offer. It is simply impossible to put it in words - but the Tiger is one MAGNIFICIENT creature.

Besides, a place like Ranthambore will be an attraction for the entire family. The kids will love the jungle and seeing the animals in wild. Shutterbugs have PLENTY of photography opportunities at Ranthambore. The place is well connected and offers a good choice of hotels for accomodation. Overall, we think, it will be an excellent venue.

What's the plan ?
    The plan is that it will be a 5-7 day meet (depending on how you are reaching Ranthambore). To make things clear : It is NOT compulsory that you HAVE to come for the meet in your car. But if you do decide to come in a car, make sure you get your Fiat :) Let's be honest here - we completely understand and appreciate that driving such long distance does not go down well with everyone, especially when you are getting your family. The main purpose here is to meet & enjoy. I am sure many of us WILL get our cars, but again, it is not mandatory.
    If you are coming by train (nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur) or by Air (nearest airport is Jaipur), 5 days will be more than sufficient. For those who are driving from Mumbai, Pune & rest of India - it will be an one week affair. This is just a rough plan, we will firm up things and chalk out a firm schedule as we go forward.

So guys, let us know your thoughts. The Mods think it will be fantastic to get together and do something like this.

TFI is known for arranging and executing large meets. All our meets till date have been a BIG success. Let's make this meet an even bigger success.

This thread is now open for your suggestions and thoughts.

The TFI Mod Team
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Surely tempted to attend this one. Can't confirm right now but would love to come by car if the distance from Chandigarh is less than 700-800km with good quality roads. Otherwise we have trains for going anywhere. :)
  3. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Oh yes! I am in if I am in town for sure!

Approx distances to Jaipur from Different locations

Pune - 1200kms
    Mumbai - 1150kms
    Chandigarh - 500kms
    Delhi - 270kms
    Hydrabad - 1400kms
    Bangalore - 2000kms! Ouch!
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hey Amogh!

Thats sounds intresting , barring any un-forseen circumstances , I find no reason to skip , Certainly enjoyable for me & my 2.5yr son (not sure abt my wife as she doesn't likes to roam in jungle, & instead prefer to stay in a cool hotel / hill stn. PROBABLY APPLIES TO MOST OF THE WIVES!!!)

Lets make a proper tour plan & then take a decision.

5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Ranthambore National Park is open from 1 October to 30 June. The Park is closed for visitors for the rest of the period.

Of course, I will be driving in my Linea to the National Meet irrespective of the venue/date.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @J Ravi
    Oops !! My bad : will edit the opening post.
  7. Great initiative Amogh...infact when we were in Chail we have decided that our next meet would be somewhere in Rajasthan (Jaisalmer to be precise) however Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
    seems to be a geat idea. This will be the best location considering North and South TFI'ans. FYI...Highway starting from Gurgaon (NH8) to Jaipur---connecting rest of the Rajasthan is simply AWESOME. One would not find any traffic problems on this highway.

@ PS: Delhi to Ranthambore is 440 km and Chandigarh to Delhi is 240 (approximately) so the total distance you need to cover is 680 km.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Very nice initiative amogh :up

This event wud only be a success if theres an hefty count..Im in without any doubt ;)
  9. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Good to see the initial response. We are glad and excited as well for making it big!!! We were suppose to unveil the plan later this month, but seems Amogh could not hold the excitement :).

Good going guys, come on lets show the TFI spirit and make it memorable!
  10. sashank82

Wow, could not have asked for a better start...

Please count me in, i would love to drive down in my Fiat. Have been there once, it definitely will give all a time to catch up and escape the concrete jungle!