1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Mumbai-Casual/Weekend Meets

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by ariesonu, Jul 13, 2015.

1. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I propose and invite TFI Mumbai members and also members from Pune or neighboring places who may be visiting Mumbai on weekends, to get together on Saturdays for lunch.
    I am not proposing breakfast or dinner as some may wanna enjoy getting up late on Saturday morning and then also for those who may want to keep Saturday evening for family outings.
    These shall be impromptu meets where we meet, discuss, laugh and enjoy over good food and banter about Fiats.
    Any takers and we can meet mid-town say at BKC or Bandra on 18th July to begin with.

Please revert with Name/Car & your choice of restaurant.

Regards-Sonu
  2. Pranav Savardekar

Pranav Savardekar Timido

South Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Hello Sonu, my name is Pranav. I found your idea interesting. As I am from south Mumbai and if others are not responding just yet then let's meet at Mafatlal Club or any other place of your choice, what say?
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ariesonu @Pranav Savardekar

Mumbai TFIians are notorious for not meeting regularly, everybody backs off at the last moment citing the silliest reason. I have experienced this thrice and hence have stopped calling for meets. Mumbai TFIians are the most busiest on the social media apps. We recently had a mini meet at Thane to see off the Pune Leh team who were passing Thane. But then again it was a closed group kind of communications.
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well I have been shifted to Maharashtra... I can come :happy:
  5. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Pranav Savardekar @vtlreja2
    I was quite disappointed after not seeing any response for two month & definitely agree with @ghodlur here.
    I live in North Mumbai & thus suggest we meet at Sealink, either side, as is acceptable to you all.
    I propose 19th Sept as our first date for such meet and even if two of us can get together, we can have nice brunch & all.
    By then the Ganesh Chaturthi (17th Sept) would be over.
    I can be reached on NINE EIGHT THREE THREE ZERO SIX ZERO NINE FIVE NINE. Drop in a text message or WhatsApp.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You wrong my friend, plan after 30th September if you want the traffic to be normal.:p:p:p
  7. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I am in whenever there is a meet
  8. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @ghodlur : I presume you live in Navi Mumbai region.
    @moksh: I drive up to Sealink (Bandra side) on almost every Saturday morning. I reach there around 0930 and then idle there for about half an hour, If I bump in to some FRIENDLY then we go for coffee or light brunch to Bandra or otherwise I just drive back home.
    Sometime I take just 180 degrees opposite direction and drive on Ahmadabad highway. No limit here but usually go up to KINARA restaurant. Then return & have some refreshments at FOUNTAIN hotel on corner of Ghodbunder road & back home by 1230.

Let get together once.
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I stay in Thane. Generally the Mumbai TFI meet point is Fountain hotel as it is common for western and central suburbs members but given the fact that Mumbai TFIians are very moody and choosy, the meet needs a lot of coaxing and cajoling people to get out of their comfort zone to drive to the meet.

Agreeing with you for the get together. Calling @Harsh @Tron @sachin koltekar @Volt @asimpleson @tejas1982 @Aniket @adwaitorama @sajands @Abhishek Paranjape @Parimal @kirenh @avithe1 @moksh and new guys @vtlreja2 @Pranav Savardekar

How about this Saturday i.e 12th September?
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The issue is everyone is waiting for someone or everyone else to decide or commit. So commiting to meets is something everyone keeps watching the situation and mood of the group to decide whether it will be worth committing. Often everyone is left thinking leading to no positive developments. The only good solution I suppose is to determine if atleast 3-4 people meetup at short notice or hangout and others can join managing their schedules and accommodating. Because when lot of people discuss it eventually ends up in 'No Meet'.
    AmeyKhedekar and vtlreja2 like this.