1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was a common person with very limited knowledge about cars before buying my GP in 2011. This is the forum which has given the most authentic reviews\help\suggestions to gain knowledge and made the right decision to get the car from a company like FIAT india which was doing really bad at that time. At that time also this forum was not about the FIAT india but about the FIAT cars that gives immense pleasure in driving in its segment. I am and will be so so grateful to this forum for giving me the exact car what i ever wanted.

@amogh , not sure what is really made you to take such a strong decision but like numerous members, I do and can only request you to have a thought again. When couple of years back FIAT revealed its plans for INDIA, we knew nothing more interesting is coming. But they almost sticking to their plan. Then why suddenly you think Fiat is not going anywhere in INDIA?

Hope to see this forum alive until FIAT name erases from the WORLD(if at all)..
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    For the past two days, I have been thinking of what to write? This thread also has become one of those threads which I read right from the first page. As many expressed here, my decision to buy a FIAT was taken after reading reviews in this Forum. The only thing that filled my mind after browsing this forum was there must be something in this car to make people so PASSIONATE about it and at first sight it completely caught all of our attention. The first ride ignited the passion in me. So, a great heartfelt thanks for you guys.

No, Don't think that i am saying goodbye to this forum. I agree i am not very active in this forum in terms of posting threads etc, but used to just come in and look for some interesting topics or some topics where I can share my experience and so. For the past 7-8 months I was completely engaged both professionally and personally that I barely visited. Now, when I come back and see there are talks of shutting this forum.

I totally agree with the argument that we are not here for FIAT but we are here for ourselves. As a group we can have peace of mind because we know for sure that there will be somebody who has some idea about the problem. As mentioned about alternative technologies, yes they can be used to stay in touch with each other but the information that has been already shared cannot be transferred. So, I would second the suggestion that we can keep this forum as read only, as a trial, and stay connected with whichever platform people feel comfortable.

Regarding the lack of enthusiasm, exuberance in this forum what I feel is that these are not absolute criteria for the existence of a forum. As long as some member is getting benefited out of a forum then its purpose is fulfilled. As of any public forum there may be some counter views which seem to be negativism but that cannot be avoided. Discussing FIAT future plans was not the only things we shared ourselves. Sure, these discussions brought cheer among us but again I don't think this forum is used only for discussing FIAT future plans or its sales target.

We can plan a meet, which is not happening for a long time, to bring back some excitement among ourselves. Anyway I have already sent a mail expressing my interest to lend my hand in assisting day to day activities to keep this forum clean and tidy. Lets hope for the best.

P.S: Amogh and other mods, I have always admired you guys for your selfless effort for the benefit of people owning FIAT cars and not because you guys are spending your time for some brand having a bright future.
  3. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Yes, i understand your point, but what about the other Brands in INDIA like Skoda, Nissan??? Are they able to sell cars more than FIAT in india!!!! Skoda has same old lineups with refresh looks, Nissan has same 1 hatch, 1 sedan, 1 SUV with refresh looks... Skoda's high expensive ASS, Nissan's Pathetic ASS is no way better than FIAT. Mitsubishi is staying India with only 1 product:banghead: !!!! Dont know how much they manage to sell, but still they manage to keep their dealer happy!!!

FIAT should have a flagship product in INDIA just like Ford and Renault, without Ecosport (yeah you can count figo as well) and Duster (which eventually killed his another Twin brother Terrano) their portfolio in India would be no way better than FIAT... What FIAT is needed a simple pocket friendly SUV and they will be star in no time (ABARTH will help them to refresh their image though). But why FIAT is aloof is a real mystery!!!

Recently i bought a Linea and planning to introduce it in the forum in this month but now i am hearing about shutting down the forum :arghh:... Its like getting a girlfriend but loosing the job ... :banghead: Mod i want them both please reconsider about shutting down the forum!!!
  4. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Dear mods, the news of shutting down came as real shock for me. As everyone else i too stand against shutting the forum. I always have believed and still believe this is nothing to do with Fiat India personally. If members are present here its solely for their love for fiat n nothing else. @amogh we aren't bothered whether fiat India mints money or not. We all know fiat is neither Maruti Suzuki nor Hyundai. We know what's Fiats USP. So shutting down just because of poor performance or not being aggressive in the market is uncalled for. Whether fiat make profit or sells only one car a month doesn't break our loyalty towards it. We love it coz it deserves the respect. I hope to see many more days TFI being alive and all present their irrespective of what company does in India.
    VIJENDRA SINGH, mchanna and naruf1 like this.
  5. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Much have been said before....

The show must go on..
  6. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think, you can do this..!!
    It will be very harsh treatment to TFIians.
    I know, I have to bear with very costly "love affair" with my FIAT cars, but I'm at the same time satisfied that a well defined forum/group, very highly learned and educated, are with me. So I don't feel the burden even a small bit towards the maintenance of these lovely machines for which we've fought, rather rebelled with whole of our pressures from others of sheep-mentality.
    We are a special group of individuals, having similarities in our choices, possessions, appearances,and above all our ATTITUDE which is very unique in the sense to be helpful, curtious and understanding each others problems and concerns.

Finally I should say, " When going gets tough, tough gets going"

With Best Wishes and LOVE,
    Dr S A SHAH

MOD Note: The above text was in BOLD, correction done.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @amogh and other Moderators - There has been 87 posts , and mine is the 89th. This is my third post in this thread.
    I have also emailed you

We have listened from Amogh. What about other moderators?

WHAT DECISION HAVE YOU TAKEN ?

Please let us know.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2016, Original Post Date: May 4, 2016 ---
    The figures off all India Sales given in another site http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5890-march-2016-indian-car-sales-figures.html shows something nice.

Fiat has been able to keep its sale compared that with March 2015.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Murphy_Fiat and Ganges like this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    I would Like to Save some Discussions and Travelogues. Try Offline Web Readers (HTTrack Website Copier)
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    I would say " Fiat ki respect apni Jagah , TFI ki respect apni jagah" don't merge.
    selwyn.a and Murphy_Fiat like this.