1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. rohitsharma

rohitsharma Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    humble request to reconsider this decision........
    sudipz and vtlreja2 like this.
  2. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Amogh, I could not had the confidence or courage to buy and own a Fiat if not for TFI, and I am are many in our group have same feelings, just give yourself some more time to see if Fiat is really going to have some thing in pipeline, probably a year half max, not only TFI is a great motivator, it just more than the company itself for many of us....
    sudipz likes this.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @amogh I have dropped you a mail to help you out.

Shutting this forum would be killing the baby. Making it read only - Keeping the baby in a ventilator. Both of which is un acceptable to me.

Let this forum be as vibrant as it is.

Please forget about FCA
    GirishRaghu and sudipz like this.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

@moderators - Its a shock to me after hearing this new. I have learnt so many things about cars and FIAT from this forum. I hope this will continue further.

Hoping for the best.:)
    sudipz likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @amogh As others have said, TFI has been instrumental in making our buying and also now owning phases. Let the forum be as it is and continue further for present owners. Maybe you can close new membership enrollment for sometime.
    sudipz likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Quite a lot of responses here, many emotional and some objective. @asimpleson is right however with his last statement on time. Most of us have no idea on the amount of time it takes to keep moderating posts for language and grammar and foul meanings. It is nearly a full time job which can be mitigated only through a large number of moderators who have the driven passion in keeping things clean. Which is why I admire the mods for doing such a good job inspite of not getting paid for it in full.

@amogh makes a good point when it comes to feeling thankless especially when the brand seems to be flogging a dead horse. This is a perception only but Indians go only by perceptions. Time and again, FCA India comes with half hearted attempts in releasing a product. No one's really complaining about the heart of the car, but only the little things when done can go a farther way in driving sales. And of late, there really hasn't been anything exciting to talk about.

But this forum is and will always be a great help to newbies and people looking for answers to problems. Heck, I have 2 Fiats today only because of this forum. So keeping the brand aside, this forum is made up of some great blokes who are always there for others. Atleast for that reason, it would be good to keep TFi alive. But if it is a very large hassle, then maybe a read only forum to keep the archives active might help. Just a weak suggestion because I do not know what it really entails. All I know is that this is a good forum where people have met one another and friendships have formed.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I believe for some who have purchased any fiat car, TFI has been one of the reasons they have opted to buy a fiat car. We all have known about the Fiat Service Network and its past history, but still opted to buy knowing that this forum exists where there is a huge group who can help sort out any issues with the car.
    For many more to come this forum is again a reason more convincing that Fiat India to buy a Fiat Car.

But again this is a personal opinion
    VIJENDRA SINGH and sudipz like this.
  8. Karan

Karan Novizio

Punto Evo 1.3
    It's only last month that I found this forum and this week I took the delivery of FIAT Punto. This forum is one of the main reasons which gave me confidence in buying a FIAT car. Please don't shut this.

There will definitely be many like me in this forum. Please reiterate the decision.
    VIJENDRA SINGH, cassini, Bala and 3 others like this.
  9. jayadev.m4u

jayadev.m4u Amatore

@amogh and other TFI founders & supporting members, firstly I would like to thank the entire team for bringing such a beautiful forum into existence and have been maintaining it selflessly all these years. TFI is the major reason why I have choose a FIAT as my first car. I've learned a lot more about the car ever since. There are many inspirational people and threads which are a valuable treasure. Though I've contributed less I've always been a follower and visit the forum everyday through Tapatalk.

It's very sad to hear that such a platform is shutting down. I know that it might be a well thought out decision and I respect it. But I would request you atleast explore the option of locking it down temporarily and give the chance to many of the new owners like me to reach the senior members.

Thank you again for all your hard work and passion which benefited many people here. We indebted to TFI for bringing out the Fiat enthusiast in us.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
    Bala, mchanna, prabhjot and 1 other person like this.
  10. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    It is almost two years joining TFI and my FIAT turning 2 years old. it is really disappointing to know this forum is not going to see the light anymore.
    not an active member on the forum but actively follow the threads on TFI especially Team Fiat meets, Do it yourself, Travelogues and Technical.
    have never met any Fiat family but once Mumbai Fiat meet. would like to thank all the Fiat Family for helping me out when having trouble with my Fiat. this forum is a boon for newbies/ people who buy their first car and dont know what to do in case when the car is behaving different. my experienc e with this forum , members more than advising you to buy a Fiat is how to live with a Fiat. as a memory i have ordered TFI stickers even tough i hate sticking anything on my Fiat.

my car was scheduled for delivery on 2nd May 2014 (Akshaytritiya ) but Torrid Motors delayed the delivery day by 3 days. and fortunately got my first car a Fiat on my birthday . a gift from my parents to me. :happy::)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 30, 2016 ---
    and this post completes my 100th messages on this forum.