1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The service has really gone bad. 2 ASS have closed in Delhi. All load is on Kashyap Fiat. one has to keep car for 2 days to get serviced. No pickup and drop. Still after service the problems that you tell them are there. They are only servicing. I have a niggle in my boot door for last 2 year that happened because of them, they are unable to resolve it. i can go on and on. Recently the attitude has changed. I myself have bought Honda for my father.

But we can keep the forum going. This is where one gets a peace of mind:). We are a family.
    jumu likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    During my erstwhile Linea days, I used to keep connected with TFI for many hours daily. Although I don't own a FIAT now, I visit TFI regularly, if not daily. I enjoyed keeping myself updated with the latest from TFI. TFI allowed me and my family participate in both the plant visits of 2010 and 2012, which will remain ever green in my memory. If the decision is irreversible and irrevocable, resulting in the closure of TFI, I feel 1 June 2016 will be a sad day, when the curtains come down once-and-for-all. I will be missing TFI a lot. I am thankful to Vahan Pujari [Amit] - whom I met during the first plant visit in 2010 for the first time - and Bala - whom, I am yet to meet - for their excellent ownership threads, which helped me buy Linea in 2009, the founders and moderators, especially Amogh, for providing me a platform to share my ownership and travelogue threads. Thank you, guys.
  3. Calvinv

Calvinv Timido

Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @amogh
    Thank you and the rest of the mods who have put in their time all these years. Checking to see if there are others filling to fill in your shoes sounds like the best way forward.
    I started visiting this website when I was generally reading on cars, and liked it so much, I signed up as a member even though I don't own a Fiat!
    I agree that this resource benefits Fiat owners. The car company, future buyers, etc are a far second. The value of having this community will in fact go up, if in a worst case scenario, Fiat were to shut down in India. As information and advice here would not be available through any other resource.
    My best, and hoping for a beneficial transition.
    Cal
  4. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @amogh

It is really sad to read about team fiat being shut down. The forum has helped in updating the knowledge of cars to the minute detail, learning interesting things under gadgets, travelogues, photography to name a few.

A day never passes off, unless am driving, without visiting the site to go through the latest posts.

I personally feel, the forum instead of being "shut down" can be kept alive as a reference manual which would be of help to go through the articles time and again, which I personally do.

I do hope you would definitely give a serious thought to at least keep the forum in "read only" mode, if no one shows interest in running the forum.

Nevertheless, I thank you and fellow moderators for the interesting journey I had all along ever since I logged in.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016 ---
    Recently an authorized service center Proprietor shared information he received from a company official on a visit to his place that CEO, Fiat, has asked Fiat India to show sales figure of 2000 cars per month for a minimum of 3 months.

If Fiat India can show the sales figure, CEO, Fiat said he would launch new models in India.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Giridhar and J Ravi like this.
  5. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @amogh

At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable. Please reconsider. Thanks
  6. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @amogh

Not done at all mate.
    This forum is for fiat enthusiast & users I guess.
    First fiat left us strained in the middle of nowhere, & now tfi.
    M the regular on this forum and can bet there won't be the replacement of this one.
    Please reconsider on your decision.

Tfi was the forum first known about my diy project. I then posted on others.
    Its the source of information and knowledge to me and many others like me.
    I can't leave my car entirely based on fng.

Thanks and regards

Vicky
  7. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is really heartening to see such a turn of events happening to TFI forum. Please reconsider the decision to make this forum read only one instead of permanent closure. I am thankful to Ramjin (Ramesh) for introducing me to Tfi back in 2011. I thank all the moderators for providing me the platform to share my ownership thread. Thank you all. If there is a change in decision do keep us posted thru a private message.
    Ciao!!
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @amogh : i dropped you a mail. whoever interested to moderate can mail Amogh.

Thanks.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think it needs to made read only. Here is why -

I have observed some people are so selfish, that they come only with their problems and leave without any gratitude or giving anything back to the forum.

Then there are others who come with the sole agenda of Fiat bashing. Which admittedly they deserve but some carry it too far.

Restricting lots of post that do not enhance or add value and SMS kind of conversations or short messages should be discouraged more often. That is not to imply existing Mod team isn't doing nothing. And somewhere I imagine its easier said than done.

Also what we face is that technical queries are not thoroughly reaching their final conclusions which get distracted and lost along the way deteriorating the quality of threads with multiple threads addressing or asking for similar resolutions. Most important threads or posts could possibly be highlighted via voting for a quicker find and resolution through a thread of 1000 posts. Case in point the engine oil related thread. People at times take for granted and straight away jump in with very basic queries too many times citing reasons of too many posts. Part of the problem seems to be the search function and keywords and indexing issues which I still think need fixing.

Having said that I surely dont take any prior efforts for granted. Except there is always a scope of improvement. And yes time and again time can be a major hurdle which could help with infusing people willing to dedicate time and effort which I am sure won't be too hard to find. Or is it? :confused:
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  10. highwaystar

highwaystar Timido

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Dear @amogh and other mods:

I am pretty new on the forum but I'd hate to see it go. Fiat's not getting any better and that's precisely why we need this forum, this community of enthusiasts, more than ever before.

Heck, we'd need it much more even if Fiat decides to shut down its India ops.

I am sure you've received a lot of emails already to volunteer for day-to-day functioning of the forum.

Earnest request: Please DO NOT shut TFI down. No read-only. Let's keep it thriving!

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."

Yes, I just saw the Jungle Book again ;-)