1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    FMC Fiat Moto Club.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Zam you chose a wrong thread to express your concerns. Why don't you open another thread and ask the same question. Lets keep it a separate discussion and you will see what people genuinely feel. You do know that people here don't speak good about Fiat cars just to appease other right?

Request Mods to move the posts related to a new thread or more relevant section.
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    First of all thanks to all moderators and initial members of this forum for keeping it alive from the inception till now. Just Thank you will not suffice. You have given us the foundation because of which the decision making to be proud FIATIAN has made me so easy.

But I don't understand the intention of closing of this forum because Fiat India is not doing well. Are we buying a car because Company is doing well or making Profit? Its all because of the Car performance which everybody know and there is no need for me to explain that. We are not proud Fiatian because Fiat India is making good profit.

Yes there are less service centers when compared to others. But that has not been a bottleneck for us. I would say that Car performance is so great that it require very less visits to service centers

All I have to say is this forum has given me so many inputs and I have started loving this forum. Its give me immense pleasure to be a Fiatian and member of this group (eventhough my contribution is less). Please please keep it running and just dont close it down because Fiat India is not doing well or we are getting less attention from them. This forum is for us (the proud owners of Fiat Cars) and not for the company. Company does not do business based on the Forums discussion. Forum is just for us and only for us.

My sincere request is to keep it going and support us with all the discussion which is going on in the forum.

Once again I am proud to be Fiatian and happy to be in this forum.
  4. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Already done. Asked mod to create a new thread for my issue.

MOD Note : Posts moved to separate thread.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/are-fiat-vehicles-safe.15812/
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  5. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The motto of this group is "For the FIAT Enthusiast in you". Don't know why or how the 'enthusiasm' could diminish to levels that we are talking about shutting down this group. We can understand fatigue or distraction on part of moderators that have been managing this forum selflessly for a long time. If there are issues with quality, frequency, or usefulness of posts then there can be corrective measures taken. A fresher/larger moderator team, requesting some of the experts to post/share more often (there's so much we all can learn from @PatchyBoy's knowledge/experience, @puntophile's technical knowhow, @prabhjot's ever optimistic posts, and many others), make the quality check a bit stringent to improve overall quality of posts.

There's a reason why a struggling Fiat has more passionate followers than much more successful Hyundai or Maruti. It's the passion/enthusiasm that we all share towards Fiat that makes us defend it, criticize it, yet always love it. Please don't kill the forum for mod team's diminishing interest. I am sure there are members in this forum that are active enough, competent enough, and willing enough to share the burden and improve the quality of interactions.
  6. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    This is shocking. Honestly, I'm not able to digest the reasons given for shutting down.

1. FCA - Attitude / direction.
    Was the direction correct in the beginning? Even then due to the sheer love for FIAT we have connected.They might have tried to change/improve and we are seeing slow progress. But what it has to do with the customers who want to connect and share ideas/experiences/travelogues etc?

Is it that FCA giving could shoulder to teamfiat is the trigger? Even if its giving cold shoulder, this should not be the reason.

2. Lack of enthusiasm / more work/burden etc.
    Agreed.
    I can understand that the mods/core team must be overloaded with the work. The solution is that the batton needs to be passed on. Shutting down is not the only solution.
    There are so many members who can take this up. There is so much of wealth of information out there, it cannot just simply go.

Honestly, I do not agree with the reasons you have provided to "shut down" the site. We are not giving any platform to FCA as you have mentioned. We are giving the platform to the FIAT customers!
    shams, mchanna, prabhjot and 9 others like this.
  7. Bullet

Bullet Novizio

COIMBATORE
    wrong decision. What is your expectations from FIAT? You are expected more by all means. So that you are disappointed. You can have a choice to close this group. But do you ask the members to sell their FIAT? You are wrong. O.k. Once you close this group, what you do? We know that you guys will soon start a forum like this based on other car manufacturer.... Wrong decision.
    mchanna likes this.
  8. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well said @Maverickxx2006 and @Biraj. I totally agree with you guys. Neither we provide platform for the Company nor we need support from them.
    mchanna likes this.
  9. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Respect Admins decisions. But its also equally shocking and sad for me. Its been like a family and even got imaginary faces associated for members. Though I agree that off late the content is not as it used to be before that we have to blame upon ourselves and need to do a retrospect. I honestly wish the forum to continue since it would help fellow Fiatian's as we all are aware of FCA's attitude. Worst case, please atleast keep the forum locked till the year end and resume if there's any actions from FCA.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Some responses here!

The idea of keeping the forum "read only" is an interesting one and can definitely be explored.

It also appears that some are willing to contribute to maintain the quality and posts on the forum.

Edit: Let me go a bit further: How many of you are actually interested in running the forum on a day to day basis? Do not worry about the technology and infrastructure support. Just the daily chores of keeping the forum clean and tidy.

If you genuinely are interested then just drop an e-mail to amogh(at)teamfiat(dot)com and I will be keen to hear.

FCA - Attitude / direction : It was very much correct in the beginning. Independent sales and service network, "promise" of new launches, I can go on and on. To refresh everybody's memory: the promise of JEEP launch was made in 2012. We are in 2016 today. Apart from a few test mules nothing real has transpired on the road.

Things then started taking turn for the worse. Dealerships started shutting down, service centers started shutting down. Heck: go to buy a new FIAT car today and you will struggle to get an extended warranty.

FCA giving cold shoulder to TFI? I have no idea what made you think that. I care two hoots about what FCA thinks or does not think about us. The bigger problem here is FCA is giving cold shoulder to the Indian market and that, honestly, is disappointing and disrespectful towards its existing customers and enthusiasts. When I say "us" or "TFI" : I am referring to the subset of a larger fanbase that FIAT has in India.

Platform to FCA or platform to customers?: For me it is both because FCA has engaged us on various occasions for product and service feedback and other initiatives. As recent as last month I had an extensive discussion with a top global branding firm about the exercise they are doing for FIAT.

While we are on the topic: One another source of disappointment has been the lack of