1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    @amogh

This is a shocking news; this move is so contrary to a car (read: Fiat) that lasts practically forever for its rock solid build quality and everlasting beauty.

I hope admin/mods reconsider their decision and do their best bits as they've been, for keeping this family alive!

PS: I feel 100% proud to be a TFI-ian and would want to continue as a member of this site/community.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Dear Amogh and other moderators,
    thanks so far for being kind enough to take time off your busy schedule and being completely selfless in running this forum and in the process helping countless buyers and owners.You are very learned and intelligent people and would know what is right and what is not,so no suggestions or advice.
    Thanks Amogh,Amir, Simpleson, Raviji,Abdul and all here for helping us out whenever and wherever needed,Thanks.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and prabhjot like this.
  3. hydrofuel

hydrofuel Timido

mumbai
    Friends
    This is family not just forum. So can we just kill it at one stroke. Of course no.
    And if Fiat is really going to shut its shop in couple of years which i don't think though; then this forum in fact shall be saviour to the Fiat owners and SHALL BE NEEDED EVEN MORE THAN TODAY.
    There are members like me who are using old cars like Palio who want to upgrade to newer cars like Punto or Linea.
    Once the safety standards are imposed the situation may improve who knows.
    I can understand the frustration on the part of some of the members here.
    I sincerely feel this forum to be there till last Fiat car is running on Indian roads.
    This is my view.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  4. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh , atleast the content is already there could stay. Maybe someway all new posts/registration etc.. can be locked.
    Just let the vast information that is available on the forum be helpful to the existing members/non members.
    prabhjot and sudipz like this.
  5. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    There are 3 forums that I know which are running for fiat (I don't know if there are any more). All the forums are equal to me. With fiat sales on decline it is hard to keep all the 3 forums on the boil. Enthusiasm is fading away fast and owners split into different groups does not help either. Activity is on downfall on other forums as well. I don't know what's required to run a forum, but as mentioned it takes time, money and energy which are spent by Fiat enthusiasts to run 3 forums, that is too much and fiat does not deserves it. It was bound to happen that sooner or later any of these groups has to take a step back. Most of the members here are members of other fiat forums too. Don't get it wrong, interested members can migrate to other fiat forums. They're equally good. All fiat owners bound by one forum is a great idea and should be explored. Having only one forum would also be convenient for fiat to keep track of their customers expectations, grievances etc.(If they care to do). There will always be some members who are more attached to a certain group and don't want to see it go like this, but if all enthusiasts decide to come at a common place then there are more chances to meet many wonderful people out there. With thousands together Fiat enthusiasts will always rock.
    jackharrisw likes this.
  6. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    I know of only 2 forums dedicated for Fiat alone including this, the other is MFW (My Fiat World). Can you mention other than this as you know. Also I do follow MFW which is not at all active as this forum is.
  7. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    @kinetic , could you please name the other fiat forum names. It would be helpful for us FIAT owners and lovers if this forum is finalized to be dissolved. Thanks in advance.
  8. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    A recent blog highlights some aspects of uncertainty wrt the groups future plans. This of course we will know by year 2018-19 when that new CEO will share his visions. And also based on what business decisions 'the family' would take in the interim.

https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/inve...the-auto-industrys-future-hes-not-interested/
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2016 ---
    Guys a simple google search will yield the results of 'other' forums. Lets be a bit sensitive here and not speak migration just yet. Lets remember the vast membership here and considerable information shared by members here. How do we propose to migrate all those important posts that could serve in future, not just for Fiats but more of a generic know how applicable to other cars as well.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  10. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    @amogh respect!!

Is it a publicity stunt? saying you are going to shut down the forum on June 1 and you might surprise all with something new.

And if its really true about the shutdown, then like everyone else I would also like to request you to keep this forum active as it’s a team of enthusiast who have FIATS and this forum does not exists because in India we have Fiat cars, I don’t see how FCA India’s progress (lethargic attitude towards their sale and marketing) is causing a shutdown of this forum.

I bought my car in December 2014 (and I am yet to write a review) and after that in Jan 2015 I found TFI and I was enthralled to see 10 K plus Fiatians who were there.

I agree owning a Fiat is a big challenge but we FIATians know that and have bought the cars just because of their capabilities and not their service network (otherwise would have bought a Maruti, Toyota, or least a Hyundai).

By putting off this forum you will prove FCA’s attitude & character right as they don’t care about their customers and likewise you guys are leaving the 11 k members as orphans.

Lastly I would once again say don’t take the FCA’s non productivity and lack of enthusiasm towards their products and customers as a reason to shut down.