1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @amogh

Your sentiments are right and good, esp the motivation (why bother anymore?) points, i suppose.

BUT: fca in india is moving, making moves etc now on a big scale, as you know (250m$ investment, upcoming JEEP launch, Renegade mules testing, Abarth punto, etc).

I wish you and the other founders and mods would consider hanging on for say another year? As i've been posting FCA is amp-ing up bigtime in all its markets, for all its brands....and india's turn comes in 2017-2018/19 only, with the locally-made Jeep(s) and the all-new Punto etc.

Perhaps FCA india's been unwilling to support or engage y'all/TeamFiat? That too's understandable, if true, you know? They keep disengaged even from the humunguous and venerable ALLPAR site in the usa, for eg.

Corporates and esp embattled ones like FCA-in-india find such open-format fora difficult and even dangerous for their image, real or imagined, present or future. They have a PR-centric, ultra-cautious mentality these days, unless they can be assured of doctored, curated, closed-format stuff (not possible for teamfiat, i am sure!).

Hope FCA India registers your protest and anguish, expressed in these announcement-posts, though.....and maybe acts on it too?!

Do consider the 'transferring the website' idea, even though money's not the issue, time and motivation are?

cheers and thanks
  2. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I fail to understand how so many people can defend a company FIAT INDIA to be specific , that puts customers life in danger.

Things may be different in US and europe, but this is india and FCA can get away with murder.

So while its good to be a Enthusiast, we have to come to reality that fiat india cars are not as safe as we think.
  3. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @zam123 I am very curious about your claim of Fiat putting customers life in danger. Can explain a bit more about it ?

And I just want to thank all moderators and TFI for this awesome forum. I enjoyed whatever time I had here. I respect your decision to close it down.
    Anyway I will miss this forum
  4. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    This got to be collective decision by members (active members atleast) only. This forum has been a platform for members looking for information, knowledge about Fiat cars. This forum is what ever today is because its TFI, no matter other brands will arouse so much interest or not, not sure. We are here together because of FIAT so question of collaborating with other brands should not arise. Our earnest request is to carry this forum for longer in the larger interest of all the members.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @amogh

Are y'all privy to some info about fca's plans? Are they going JEEP fully, too-fully, i mean? A little more info about the background of you folks' decisions would be keenly appreciated! And would perhpas enable some of us to possibly/hopefully take up the 'baton' somehow, youknow?
    mchanna likes this.
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat is trying to improve slowly...Very slowly. They lost huge opportunity in Indian market.
    But its disheartening to see the wonderful forum going to shutdown. I wish the forum stays on till Renegade launch as Prabhjot said in earlier post.
  7. Arun Bhat

Arun Bhat Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @amogh , I agree with @Deepak, this site is a great source of information and inspiration for many. For whatever reason, closing down is sad to say the least. But please try to maintain a site with read-only at least. No new post allowed but keep it. FIAT has always been sluggish in INDIA, they are yet to understand dynamics of indian market, but cars are awesome. Keeping alive this site would help car owners, I do not think FIAT ever directly involved in this site or ever will. Shutting down or creating new site will never influence any decision to be made by FIAT management. We care for our cars. Of course, we want to FIAT to do well, but I do not see shutting down will help in any way. If possible please pass on the batons to some active members..
  8. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @zam123 why are we tagging FCA with this forum ?

FCA maybe , I again say "maybe", making mistakes and have attitude problems. But then this Forum discusses may issues with Fiat cars - both old and new.

We have in store many good technical discussions. Doesn't they have any values to the moderators?

Mods - please think twice. Don't kill your own baby.
    If you require any help please share. Atleast I am ready to help till my capacity goes
  9. Sakthi's Punto

Sakthi's Punto Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @amogh... Kindly request you to change the decision thats my humble request... This is not just a forum its something like a family intouch... If any support whatever it may be we are here to do it its our honest opinion... Please reconsider once again.
  10. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After dropping my vehicle today for 4th service, I started going through today's post and this thread gave me a shocking news. When my friends, colleagues & relatives laugh at me for owning fiat and FCA service always letting me down, the two things always keeps me happy are driving my Red beauty & TFI.

I still can't believe that I need to remove my TFI stickers after 1st June, I wish the forum stays on to support the members.