1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Anirudha Mukerjee

Anirudha Mukerjee Timido

Punto Evo 1.4
    Some relief. Thanks Mods. Agree with your comments @nkrishnap
    One thing that the knowledge of closure has put out in the open is how many of us really value Mods's efforts and the importance of this forum. You never know the real value of something until you risk losing it.
    Let us build TFI a ever better place with the renewed enthusiasm this tough time has taught us.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Thank you MODs for considering the requests. I am sure all active and inactive members would agree to what @nkrishnap wrote. I remember to have read the rule about not using SMS type language and bold-face etc.

Still I have a request - people who are new to such forums, including me (member of only one forum), may make mistake unintentionally. Though, I try to imitate the MODs' posts and senior member's posts, giving examples of bad posts with the rules can also help (if possible!).

Happy to get a second life here!
  3. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Thank you Team for the change in decision. I completely agree to what @nkrishnap has to say.
  4. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Way to go. Thanks alot for the change in decision. What a relief after the posting from @nkrishnap.

Thanks again.
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks a ton for Mods and Admin to let the forum survive, hope all of us will lend a helping hand to make the new one a great sucess...
  6. Ranjan

Ranjan Novizio

Navsari, Gujarat
    Dear Mods and Admins,
    I this forum will be alive and active. I personally am not able to get enough time to post in the forum due to lack of time. I absolutely love My Fiat Linea... done two cross country from Surat to Bangalore and again this year planing east west cross country drive down to kolkatta... the vehicle really rocks. I had tried to make a travellogue but then could not post it again due to lack of time.
    This forum has been always a mentor for using my vehicle. Any problem I have it has already been discussed here. I think all will agree with me.
    As one of the members had suggested that it would be best to temporary close down the thread and again come back rejuvenated. Just a sort of vacation.
    If need we can request the Fiat India people to help with moderation and also help in streamlining it.. Please don't take it otherwise...just my two cents.
    I hope this forum will be alive and be rocking as always it has been!
  7. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

hello all,
    That's great news! Just plain blissful music to the ears to hear that the forum will continue as usual. Thanks' to all those responsible for maintaining such an awesome forum.
    I am sure the next best thing associated with fiat (other than the cars which fiat make) is this forum.
    Long live TFI!

Loads of thanks once again to all the moderators for respecting the sentiments of all the members.
  8. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have not seen a strong comment from the forum owners/moderators about not shutting down. Has @amogh retracted the shutdown announcement? Nope! I believe shutdown decision is valid until the person who announced the decision retracts it. Why so much celebration is going on then?

@amogh - Please hand it over to other enthusiasts who are willing to take it forward. Instead of killing the forum you can be proud that someone is continuing what you had started. I am saying this as an enthusiast who has contributed some value (within the reach of my knowledge and means) to the forum.

9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Locking the thread.

We will be taking the forum offline to clean up and restructure on the 1st of June 2016. The forum would be offline for about 30 days.

TFI is going nowhere. It will be stronger than before. Cheers!
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok folks! Most of you, I assume, have read Krishna's post above. Many of you have also emailed, messaged, whatsapped and called other moderators regarding the decision and me. We have had a good (at times heated) debate within the moderators and we still disagree on some points but agree with a few others. While initially all of us felt that we are heading nowhere with the forum, the ideas and arguments that have come up after this announcement have managed to change the minds of some of us (Personally, I still believe the forum is going nowhere)

So we will go ahead with the path that Krishna has outlined above. We will also be getting in touch with the folks who have written to us about they wishing to contribute. We should be able to identify specific responsibilities for each one of you.

A couple of points:

1. While @nkrishnap and other moderators are leading this clean up initiative, @CountRock and I will be focusing on software and infrastructure (that takes a lot of time, effort and planning given the cost and complexities involved
    2. The merchandise and stickers logistics has gotten into some sticky issues off late. I will be taking over that responsibility entirely on me. Even when the forum is an offline/read-only mode, you will be able to place the order for stickers.

Hopefully, we can achieve what we have set out to achieve and that there is progress! I am curious to see how things pan out over the next six months. Should be interesting.