1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @amogh announced a week back that the TFI would be closing down. His view points make absolute sense. Though the admin team discussed this for some time and certainly not a knee jerk reaction. We need think over how to keep platform running a lot more diligently.

Here are a few things which members needs to ponder over.

1. How many of the members are posting only issues and take away help without any gratitude. Its a two way process which members need to understand. The admin team has watched each and every one of such posts only highlight issues.

2. Many members troll other members here and put up holy than thou face when questioned. Is it doing any good to the broader community as such?

3. How many members are active and contributing positively. Members post the way they want and give two hoots about the basic regulations that the forum expects you to follow? Example, open threads in wrong section, not using the basic search section, etc.

4. Blind fanboy posts or outright bashing are a norm now a days. Does anyone benefit from these kind of posts?

The way forward and to keep the forum afloat.

1. Take the forum offline for a month or two to clean up all the junk that is there.
    2. Redesign the sub forums to streamline it better
    3. Stricter posting rules
    a. Grammar and Punctuation
    b. SMS Lingo would not be tolerated
    c. Search function to be used before a new thread is started
    d. Personal attacks and trolling will have a zero tolerance. Such members will be banned with no questions asked.
    e. No posts with commercial interests will be tolerated. Such members will be shown the door.

Healthy and active participation of members is a basic requirement to any forum and TFI is no exception. Looking forward to your thoughts and support to keep the forum alive.
  2. karaka

karaka Amatore

Punto Evo 1.4
    Much appreciated, thanks for opinion from mods. I welcome suggestions whole heartedly.
    Only one concern, do we really need 2 months off for segregation.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The duration really depends on how much clean up is needed. It could be one or two months.
    VIJENDRA SINGH, jumu and asimpleson like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @nkrishnap thats a great news to hear. Awaiting for further updates.

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

I think no reason is enough to justify the closure of this forum. Please admins give it a second thought. Do not let this happen.
  6. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hurray - Good news - we are not closing the shutters.

Yes , every house, company and shop requires some period to clean and do preventive maintenance work. When we paint our houses we say to our kids - "No hi-fi food for next 10 days"

Mods this is acceptable. BUT since TFI to me has become an addict , can the forum be in read only mode for these 1 or 2 months ?

At least we can have some information if needed.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Totally agree with you here. Let's have these rules implemented.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Nkrishnap that's some ray of hope..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That is a pleasing news to hear on a weekend morning.. Way to go, hope it ll be much more interesting and vibrant after a short vacation. Shall wholeheartedly support for anything necessary.