1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI is Hibernating. Now LIVE

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by amogh, Apr 29, 2016.

1. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks TFI for all the support you have provided. This was the forum that helped me in my purchase. I respect the decision of the founder groups, but would still urge to see if there is a way in which we can keep this alive.

Also please let us know how we can take a back up of the threads on this forum. There are many i have read and are worth preserving.
    Subhendusc and sandipan_r15 like this.
  2. VIJAYKUMAR1

VIJAYKUMAR1 Timido

NOIDA
    NOIDA
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sir,
    I am new to your forum but would request you not to close the forum

Whether Fiat does something good in india or not,still i would say that atleast we have forum's who help each other,

That is my request
    VIJENDRA SINGH and Subhendusc like this.
  3. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: May 6, 2016
    kishorekrs likes this.
  4. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Good read, feel UNO also can be part of the list along with Petra, Palio, Sieana.
    Mods can we hear from you as to what is your final stand on TFI. After all these discussions going on.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So what did that tell you, it is quite sad that the guy who wrote the article did not do his homework right before using his keyboard and his brains.
    Let me tell you this, Uno/Siena/Palio parts was a bit expensive for a reason, that is because many of them are imported, we have to pay additional tax and trust me the few Indian make parts are worst quality, old Palio users please agree to this, IJL headlights should be a clue of what I'm saying.
    You cannot find any sturdy and reliable car in India in the form of Uno/Siena/Palio(pre-nv). The moment these idiots started sourcing local make issues started cropping up, but the only reason why the car is labeled Unreliable is because only a Fiat trained technician can repair the car, this should go to the topic of Skill labour and nor Unreliable.
    Just don't go by a verdict passed about a car and it's reliability by a Journalist who writes on Business Magazines forums.

@amogh: If you still feel that it isn't worth perusing maintaining the forum then please go ahead with your decision, I know how I felt when PUG closed and I must know because I was part of PUG from Day-1.
  6. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, I have sold off my Punto @ 85k kms and upgraded to a decent sedan. let me assure you that no other car can manage to provide enthusiasm that Fiat used to give me. I am currently missing my punto badly and that feeling is further multiplied by leaps and bounds because of decision of respected mods to shut down TFI. Although people like me who do not get say proper service from FIAT, decide to move on. However love and passion for FIAT is still there and will remain forever. It was a really really wonderful car and so is this forum.

Except last few weeks I used to read all the recent posts everyday, I was seriously considering remap of punto and keep it with me (for forever?). However life asks for certain priorities at every stage of it, hence had to part away with it.

I can not really digest shutdown of TFI. It should remain there. Even read only is not OK for me. Request Amogh and other moderators to sincerely rethink over decision.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    kishorekrs and jackharrisw like this.
  8. dileep

dileep Novizio

trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    This was the last resort for a fiat lover to express his feelings, frustrations everything else which he can't express in any other forums.
    Think about some one like me who bought a fiat car after getting inspired by this forum, what I am getting in return. The only Fiat showroom in my city is shutting down and on the top of that this forum is also closing down, life is getting better day by day
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Another stupid article. BTW does the Jazz diesel provide 20+ FE in city conditions? I wonder, whether such people even drive a car before stating the overstated unrealistic on-paper figures. Fiat quotes realistic FE figures, is that the problem??
  10. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But as far as my Avventura is concerned I got about 12.1 -12.9 km/l diesel in Bhutan roads. This figure is not from the panel what it shows , but real calculations after filling the tanks.

Mind it Bhutan roads are mountain terrain . You climb up 2450 m from 0 m in 5 hrs; and then to 3985 m in just 2 hours and back to 2450 in 2 hrs.

That article was for mods who are planning to shut down the forum.