1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI - Impact on Fiat in India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, Nov 3, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Let me quote you an example.

I am using a Ford ranger pickup 1lac+km truck and a Dakota dodge30kkm here where I work.Sometimes the ford wouldn't start easily in the morning.we never bothered and somehow we will make it run by pushing it or cranking again and again. one day engine failed to start altogether.and was towed to workshop.while analysed it was found that glow plugs were gone since long time by 50kkm and service advisor has made a note in the service sheet that when parts are available they will fix it. the starting trouble was a loose contact of one of the relay in engine bay. it was all fixed within 1 hour. in case if engine had never failed to start we would have never known about glow plug issue.
    But if it was fiat fiat it should have shown "check glow plug" at first instant, and we would all get worried start bashing Fiat.

Second with dakota, its an autotrans. after purchase till 25kkm it never went above 60kmph as it always remained in city limits. one day when ford was down we had to use it on highway where we realized it could not go beyond 75kmph no matter how hard we push the accel. we took it to ass where they said some serious issue with ecu and engine which took 3 months for rectification as manufacturer were working on firmware update or something like that .again there was no indication on display but if it was fiat it would have shown some or other thing like check engine or such,and we would all have thrown it to service center yards.

what i am trying to say is modern technology do fails and sometimes fails miserably against stone-age leverages.

Sophistication in fiat is extreme(possibly for our benefit) especially in engine but sometimes out of our own ignorance we see only sad part of it. like saying "A glass is Half full or half empty." both are true but which would be most suitable for a noble cause.

I am not saying we should not express negative views but we have to restrict but in a sense we can be helpful to each other who owns fiat. a new comer can investigate and inquire about the product quality and I don't believe we would cheat him .Other than that people with their first visit to TFI realize that whatever he heard about Fiat is true and owner themselves are complaining and at mercy of fate.and that shouldn't be the case.

I do expect some issues from my fiat too but that does not mean my investment of 7.5lakh is gone to ASS and scrapyard.
    It is serving me very well and I am happy, then why cannot I suggest, that I do not want to see people believing every Fiat product is bad and worth not a buy/try??
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Let us aswell remember that TFI is a free forum and it is not difficult (is difficult describe the actual struggle) to get a log in as in TBHP almost everyone will be able to view the posts then as well.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Something similar should be worked out. like tagging or "members only area".Mods and administrator may need to work a bit harder.

No matter what, being in TFI almost since an year my contribution may be negligible yet I feel I am part of this and I am ready to extend my support by any means (like monetary)for the betterment of this forum as well as beloved Fiat cars...hope that is not chota muh badi baat!!!

but the concern is if there is no baans na bajegi baansuri.
  4. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    Agree with you Srini. And also agree about the negative suggestions for Fiat by our near and dears. But in spite of this people do buy Fiats. The no. of such people is very few in India, resulting in to lower nos of Fiat Cars on Indian roads. The awareness about the cars, I'm afraid, is not very good here. The On-line forums help us to share the knowledge, experience of our cars to a great extent. So IMHO a 'prospective' Fiat buyer will not be discouraged by the -ves about Fiat through such forums. In fact he will be more careful about such issues (niggles...). The OL Forums are gaining the popularity in last 2/3 years. I think it will take some time say 5 to 7 years for people to have the knowledge about the Cars here. Who knows, that time Fiat India may start selling like hot cakes :redcar

The OL forums are open platform to share the views / experience / knowledge about cars. So its up to the members how to express it in words. I don't think any kind of censorship is needed.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I agree with this. I do not think we need to stop or reduce discussing the negatives, or make some posts visible partially (visible only to members or some thing like that).
    A forum is a base for an educated discussion, and only when we discuss both sides of the coin, the discussion becomes meaningful.

When you have lot of threads running with problems, even though they may have solved, for some one who is doing a search, the number of threads with the negatives will sure give a negative vibe.

It may be good to tidy up a bit and open two master threads as Ramjin have proposed - one for issues in Linea and one for issues in Punto. Let all those who have issues post in that thread. This will help to better organize the knowledge we have on the forum. If we have a master thread, searching through the thread, people can get to know if the issue and possible solutions have been discussed earlier. This sure will be much easier than searching through lot of threads, as it is now.

I know that TFI do not have strict moderation, but I think as we grow, we need to introduce some measures to make sure that we do not lose our direction. As in any society, when the population grows, so will the need to have well laid out laws.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    we should keep in mind that what we are discussing here is not about all the cars in India but a single brand. our actions may be for good cause but it may affect the brand and product in positive or negative ways.

And that is the best part of TFI.Huge Thanks to Admins and mods .

But nowadays a feeling has arisen that we are loosing our own grounds.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

This is exactly what I am also trying to convey, JayD. Till now, we do not have strict moderation, and it is well and good. But as the community grows, there will be a need to have some kind of moderation. No civilization, when started, was set on laws, but no civilization did ever survive long with out a set of laws.
    I am not saying TFi should go the TBHP way by introducing infraction and similar limits, but a small moderation or tidying up of the threads will help to keep the forum in a good shape.
    When we have lot of tools lying around, do not we stack them up in boxes so that they will be easy to get when needed - same way, if we can have a set of rules about opening threads, and some rules to merge some of the similar existing threads (a la master threads for Linea and Punto issues) it will help for better house keeping.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    100% agree with you. I never keep my car dirty, care it as I care my child. So while driving we get a confidence that it is not just a mechine but part of our family and it will never go wrong.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with you dude annd do the say with my Punto, its like our family member with us........