1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI - Impact on Fiat in India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, Nov 3, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What I feel is that, for all the niggles in Linea and Punto, there should be one thread for Linea and another for Punto to discuss about the issues and solutions. Opening a new thread for each of the issues should not be allowed. The Technical section should be really technical platform to have constructive discussion.
  2. +1 to Jayadev

Agreed that as members we have to showcase positiveness of a product rather than cribbing whole the time.

A new member may have made up his mind to buy a FIAT but after going through the negative reviews posted he will make up his mind never to buy a FIAT.

One more imp thing to be noticed is.. we have super MODS who are very liberal and like other forums not banning a member or anything of that sort when we talk negative... members in other forums will surely know of this and so we have to prove to ourselves that we are the best and also have a very good car which is in all sense not made but "crafted for a true fan"

When I bought my GP 2 years back i never went for any reviews in any forums, just some reviews in online sites and then decided that I was going to buy GP and nothing else, my friends too discouraged me from buying FIAT and to go for Swift but my mind was made up that I would go for Fiat.

Love you car and she will love you back but if you start hating her then she also will always make sure that you visit A.S.S on a regular basis.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I feel that though we may have profound love for our cars and Fiat(I bought one without even a TD,not even knowing how the engine would sound,not even knowing how the version of my Linea would look),we should call a spade a spade,come what may.Why should anyone shove everything under the carpet and present a holier than thou picture,after all the real picture will certainly emerge one day and every one will know about the car.Of all the 4 cars we have had this Fiat car has given me the most troubles and inspite of that,this is the one that I love the most,it's certainly not because of the looks.Even the Cielo we had owned a decade back(ironicaly TATA was some how incharge of the A.S.S and they took great car of the car even after Daewoo left the country and the same can not be said about TATA and Fiat cars)was completely trouble free and the only time it warranted a visit to the T.A.S.S was at 78,000kms,when the brakes got jammed.But this Fiat cars has asked for numerous visits to the T.A.S.S to fix various issues and is certainly because of the poor quality of the car and the A.S.S.So,If some one reads our posts and finds the quality issues with Fiat cars,we are only doing good both to the customer and the manufacturer.The former should be cautious and the later to should rectify.So,it's not bad at all,when people write about niggles in their cars(Niggles??!!,this word,am hearing for the first time,after owning 4 cars,I had always thought that owning a car was just filling the fuel tank and tyres,which was the case with our earlier but not with this Fiat car:()
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No offense bala, but we are not discussing about the problem or issues with our cars here in this thread. You should start reading from post 1.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    No problem Ramjin,I thought I had understood.The 1st post says that we writing about issues with our cars leads to negative publicty to Fiat and my point is,what can we do,we can write only the truth about the car and if leads to something,how can we help?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    The very fact that we are on TFI indicates that we love our FIATs. Why not tell three advantages of FIAT cars everytime we talk about an issue or a niggle. I am sure the pluses exist in a much better proportion though. We as Fiatians know all the nice bits that Fiat brings to us but we don't talk about them very often or take them for granted whilst known issues are discussed at length..
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What I said earlier in the thread may be true. I would have been scared to buy a Fiat if I had come across TFI before T-BHP.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very true Shams.
    But,if the bride is very beautifull,has a great ride quality(I mean,she takes all the bad people at home in her stride).she has a great steering response(I mean,she takes the family in the right direction),but if she breaks down every now and then and needs to be taken to a doctor very frequently,people at home will talk only about her illness/issues!.Thats very natural.(mods,I beleive I've not written anything unparliamentary!)
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi Guys,
    i have a suggestion to make. If someone has a persistent problem with his car it really becomes difficult to put it in +ve words . If SA is rude,FIAT is not responding ,service is bad ....we cannot really expect rosy words. Apart from the forum we also need to see that TFI acts as a catharasis of our problems ; no doubt we also find solutions here.
    That said we also cannot ignore the fact then when such posts are read by general public it give a -ve perception about FIAT which definitely is not the purpose of the person putting up his problem.
    In such a case would it not be a nice idea to put some specific "tag" to each post ; depending on which that post/thread might/might not be visible to the people outside the forum. For the people who are members of TFI all the posts and threads would always be visible. It would be under the control of the administrator to decide whether the post has that tag enabled (for external visibility) or disabled(for TFI only visibility). In this way we can , I think achieve both the objectives.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    I agree to good extent that we do talk about very miniscule challenges faced with our love in this forum. In this context we should understand FIAT buyers are one of the most knowledgeable crop of people about the car they buy and they take care of their car better than average car users. We should agree that when someone decides to buy FIAT they would have already been discouraged by their near & dear. Tell me one among the TFI'ans who have not faced this music. Even if we are to talk only good stuff about FIAT in this forum this basing will happen. We do not have control over it. Also, we all should understand that whomsoever is talking bad about FIAT (including hardcore FIAT bashers) agree that these are great cars but not taken care off by the producer and the servicer appropriately. This actually haunts FIAT in India. Tell me one post not only in TFI but anywhere else - including TBHP - which tells that FIAT cars are bad. Instead everyone admires its designs; built quality; driving pleasure etc., Earlier they talked about the mileage of Palio which is true. FIAT brought to India Palio 1.6 when Indian people are not ready for it. If the same has been launched today it would have been a roaring success.

Coming to comments on TFI, I presume most of the users here are true owners of FIAT and you can verify it as they talk about real issues even though they are small. No one other than real owners can talk about these. This in fact helps other forum users either proactively or in case of distress. One classic case would be where the fellow TFI'an required a substitute CSC and the other readily helping them. We mutually benefit each other by discussing problems even though they are very small. In fact the very use of this forum will not help if we are just to praise the car inspite of its issues. There is no necessary for us to do so. As Bala had written let us call a spade a spade. It is upto FIAT to raise the quality bar of its products.

As recently written by VP, in his same words this is not a forum to just praise our cars and talk about it. It will get bored on us quickly. Let us discuss as we are doing today and help each other. We also understand that several TASS folks are also members of this forum and the issues written here will reach TATA motors / FIAT for sure. They for sure are not dumb enough not to log into this forum and browse the content. This is free R&D stuff for them.

IMHO - let us allow the forum to continue the way it is currently.