1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI - Impact on Fiat in India

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by jayadev, Nov 3, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am much convinced that TFI is contributing towards negative publicity for our beloved Fiat.Nowhere else even smallest niggles have been put under microscope and mocked.

sometimes ago I reffered TFI to one of my friend who was hunting for a car. After going through TFI he found more problems than goodies. he made up his mind, not to fiat.I too Agree Teambhp is pure anti fiat nonetheless 60 percent of TFI is no different especially in recent periods it is way too much.

I am glad with my punto that is why I am so much excited and keeping in touch with this forum but when I see people bashing Fiat, may it be out of their own negligence or dealers fault (I agree thier are glitches) but it hurts and I feel we are digging our own graves here .Best wishes
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    20HP rise from present, 170HP will be dream machine to drive. Will wait and see, we have a replacement to make for 1.3 Dezire. Tired of waiting for 1.6 MJD !
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with you jayadev.
    I bought my Punto and made the decision on it only after going through all the ownership threads in T-BHP. Ofcourse, there are Fiat bashers. But, still those ownership reviews convinced me to go for a Fiat. I didn't have any knowledge on TFI at that time. How knows, I had known, I might not have bought a Fiat :).

Now, I have upgraded to a Linea and I am very much happy about it till this moment.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just wanted to add a point to my previous post. Had a chance to get a look at the recent brochure of Punto. Fiat has happily quoted T-BHP but there is no TFI at all. My point is that we should become mature enough before we write negatives/positives in the forum.

P2.jpg
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

T-Bhp is a force to recone with in the electronic landscape of Indian automotive enthusiasts. Currently, there is no other forum which bosts such huge user base and active users. I think may be gearheads.in will come to that level, but it will take some more time.

Forums like TFI are centered only on one manufacturer and are perceived to be favorable to the said manufacture, so chances of manufacturer quoting from the same is less than compared to chances of quoting from a neutral forum.

I know many people here feels that TBhp is anti-Fiat, but for every anti-Fiat member there, there are many passionate Fiat supporters also there. The role of a forum is to give a venue for an informed discussion and there are many people in T bhp who have a huge knowledge base. It is always good to see both sides of the coin, and though there are many anti fiat guys in Team bhp, I think they do not microscopically analyse all niggles and issues like we do.

As JayD and Ramjin have said, the excessive microscopic discussion we do here may tend to be more harmful than being productive.
    With all the negatives of Team bhp, I still think an end user will get more information and will be able to make a more informed choice if he trawl through TBHP when he want to know the pros and cons of a car he plan to buy.

Tbhp does a good job in providing information to a guy regarding the different choices he have in the market. We do a good job in converting some one who is in two minds about buying a Fiat to buy a Fiat.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's because of the reason quoted below Jayadev and nothing else, Show me another manufacturer who has such a fan following and a dedicated forum - no this is not boasting but just the true love we all have for Fiat.

I would believe of the total population in India only minuscule percentage really care about what they drive, for the majority it's a means to get from A to B. I know there has been instances where people go overboard and bash Fiat for nothing of it's fault, but we've to accept that TASS needs to increase their professional attitude & attire.

I also see that with my interactions with Fiat owners they take the car to the service centre even for minor squeaks and want to get it fixed, It's not a bad thing but just shows that they are so much concerned about the car which I don't see with other owners (My personal experience)

All said and done my next car will be a Fiat, I can't looks elsewhere. I'm a satisfied Fiat owner with over 29k on the ODO and wish this wonderful journey continues. If someone else bought another car I respect their opinion if they have made an informed choice, But what I don't like or understand is people writing obituaries for Fiat with the sales figures, saying the car is underpowered without driving it, saying the service is pathetic without even knowing where on earth the service center is.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i think we should restrict certain threads and posts to members only.

Would you guys prefer to see all the woes and worries being shared by each and everybody in the public?

We all have some or other issues may it be personal or social.
    Most of the time we need to hide negative aspect of our life else someone from outside can consider it as our weak point and take advantage of it.

Here in TFI, we have been too much liberal to an extent that every body visiting this website knows what all sorts of problems does Fiat cars have. but does we know, to any extend what all issues does other brand car carry? do we have any source? in the sense we are doing more harm than good for our own drives.

People are following TFI through my Facebook account or through search engines. Most of the time their verdict have been negative as sometime a person never knew there can be so much of issues with a car like clutch problems,rust problems,ASS problems,rattling problems ,hence said person considered other brands are much better as he never came across any issues as such.

My concern is ,Fiat car which I am using has never given me trouble, I am heartfelt to see people commenting behind my back that "sooner or later it will"; how should I tolerate that?
    psychologically owner is forced o believe that "sooner or later it will" which means it is particular with Fiat only.Where as every machine has wear and tear they are bound to fail eventually unlike human beings machines don't have healing capability but why Fiat is the only target and we TFI forum members adding as a catalyst.

IMO Adding about TFI in brochure may give an impression that it is Fiat's own website/forum. which wouldn't help much.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed jayadev.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I agree with Jaydev.Probably we may look in to the following points before posting.

1. Always keep a positive attitude even if describing a problem.
    2. Always keep the title of the post very much plain and up to the point and avoid any kind of direct attack on product or company.
    3. Always do not deviate from topics and contribute only if your answer is relevant for the public.
    4. Use personal SMS effectively to share Technical gossips, like "My frond had a same problem", " I think this is a common problem in Fiat cars" etc. If you have a definite answer to fix the problem then only share it.
    5. A new thread should be closed as soon as the problem is fixed. Only it should be opened at the request of the thread starter.
    6. Avoid using ownership thread extensively to write technical problems. Because people always rely on ownership thread to get more real hand experience of the product. An overstressed criticisim about the product/company will communicate wrong signals to people.
  10. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    I agree with Jaydev...

We should try and restrict certain category of posts (sensitive in nature) restricted to members, and membership criteria should be owning a Fiat product!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011