1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Hyderabad Meets Thread - Latest report on Pg. 100

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by atulalvenkar, Oct 5, 2010.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I think it would be better to meet at the RTA office at Nagole, from there we can move towards LN Nagar X Roads and then proceed to the ORR. Any suggestions.

P.S: I donot know where the Hotel Chillies/RR Dist Court/Indoor Stadium is :D
  2. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    While coming from Nagole to LB nagar, take right turn from Big Bazar (1km before LB nagar circle). After 1 km you will reach Hotel Chillies/RR Dist Court/Indoor Stadium (All are colocated). We will be waiting there. From this spot again LB nagar Cirlce is 1km. So instaed of going straight from Big Bazar you have to join us and then we'l go together to LB nagar circle.
    Or if you are not comfortable we will come to Big Bazar square.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    No problem. I will even come to Vijayawada all the way to meet you guys :D. I know the place (Thanks to my wife), will meet you there between 8.45 & 9.00AM sharp. I have spoken to Srikar earlier and I would be picking him up. He will ride with me. I can also accomodate 1-2 guys more, if anyone needs a ride. Please do let me know.
  4. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    Updated List

LB Nagar
    1. Kiran
    2. nk4fiat
    3. Sagar (Sagi08)
    4. Prasanna
    5. Sharath
    6. Surya
    7. Srikar
    8. Prabhakar (probiker)
    9. Vignesh
    10. Rizwaan

Gachibowli
    1. Shiva (Cyberdoc)
    2. Guru
    3. Pramit
    4. Atul
    5. Krishna
    6. Sreejesh (Shadowfax)
    7. Rajesh
    8. Hillram

I stay at Masab Tank,Hence Gachibowli will be ideal to meet up with the TFIans.Where exactly are we meeting in Gachibowli?
    Is there an agenda for the meet?After the meet I need to head to the Drag Races at Medchal,which is at the other side of the city.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  5. Abhay Singh

Abhay Singh

Hyderabad
    Hi All,
    I am ready whenever the date is decided.
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Today morning Shiva and me went on a kind of research drive on the ORR for the meet. I picked up Shiva from his office and took the ORR from Gachibowli.
    We drove all along the ORR till Exit 12 where we reached the Sagar Higway Junction. There on we took the Rajendranagar route as suggested by someone. Shiva used some of his gadgets and has precise figures, but roughly the route taken from Exit 12 is double the distance (60 odd kms) of the Rajendranagar route (around 28 kms).

Let me put up my views on both the routes

Rajendra Nagar Route

Pros
    1. Short distance

Cons
    1. Road isn't that good
    2. Traffic is similar to the city all the way except for the last stretch but again it isn't a wide road
    3. Have to weave through the traffic
    4. Though the distance is short, time and fuel consumption will be more
    5. Cannot enjoy the drive
    6. Formation or rally kind of driving is next to impossible
    7. Will feel as if everyone is driving on to their own destinations

Exit 12 Route

Pros
    1. The best road I have ever driven yet
    2. Almost nil traffic
    3. Can clock more than 150kmph easily all the way
    4. Time taken will be almost same (was lesser for me) as the other road
    5. Can make few excellent video footage

Cons
    1. Distance
    2. Probably a bit more fuel consumption than the Rajendranagar route (But I doubt it)

My personal opinion
    I was driving around 170kmph all the way and 180kmph was the max speed I drove this morning with my GP MJD Active.
    Its simply an awesome drive and I now know what do people mean by stable and the best highway vehicle to drive.
    Cannot speak of the feeling one would get when a pack of Puntos/Lineas drive all the way on the ORR. That would be some treat to the eyes.

Please post your opinion on the route to be taken for the guys starting from LB Nagar.
  7. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    You are most welcome Abhay. Could you please PM me your contact details?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Kiran anna & all Hyderabad TFIans, make sure you click loads of pics and also some videos.

We'll all be present with you guys in spirit!

Cheers.
  9. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Thanks a lot Gurjinder Paaji. We would try not to disappoint you all.