1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Hyderabad Meet - 19th Oct'14 - Report Pg 2 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by N Kiran, Oct 9, 2014.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @teja8784 Sorry to hear that ... but there is alwayz a first time
  2. puntopunter

puntopunter Novizio

i would like to join, is any one coming from gachibowli side?
    N Kiran likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Glad to see more members pitching-in.

Suman, Rudresh and Sampath shall be coming from Gachibowli side.

Please PM your contact details to Suman and me.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mods .. Please edit the thread title ... Adding pictures
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 20, 2014 ---
    Great meet on 19th Oct 2014. It was great fun with Fiats driving in convoy. Meeting like minded people made it more enjoyable.

Thanks to all who turned up. This was my first TFI meet .Hoping for such more meets in the future. Some pics from the meet below.
    Discussion on cars with morning tea and coffee
    IMG_20141019_110246.jpg IMG_20141019_105232.jpg IMG_20141019_105224.jpg Italians babes lined up.
    Photo shoot before wrapping up the meet
    IMG_20141019_121639.jpg IMG_20141019_121808.jpg IMG_20141019_121823.jpg IMG_20141019_121850.jpg IMG_20141019_121913.jpg IMG_20141019_121921.jpg
    We had a chance to test the Wolfed MJD Linea(Kiran's) and we tested Map 4. We all were literally psuhed back to our seats and the response after hitting the ton mark is absolutely sublime till 160 km. Immediately after that we tested Suman's Linea MJD Sports ;). The same stretch and we could barely touch 140 km on the same stretch. So we can atelast vouch for Map 4 performance.

Kiran has promised a extensive test drive for all Maps in the next meet.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great site with so many cars in line-up.
  6. N Kiran

Finally!! After a long time we got to have, yet another wonderful TFI Hyderabad meet. I thank everyone who has participated enthusiastically and for the great fun we had together.

For the first time in the history of TFI Hyderabad meets, there were no drop outs and there was a surprise awaiting us at the meet location. Read on....

1. Suman Bose
    2. Rudresh
    3. Sampath
    4. Suresh
    5. Vipul
    6. Nibed
    7. Vignesh
    8. Praveen
    9. Kiran

Number of cars: 8
    Lineas: 2 (1 Earlier Design and 1 Face Lifted)

Meet Details:
    The meet started off on a bad note, as one group, which has come from Gachibowli side (5 members) had to wait painstakingly for an hour before the other group coming from LB Nagar area (3 members, including me) could arrive. I sincerely aplogzie to all those who had to wait for us patiently.

After the initial greetings and all from the two groups, we finally started the Drive at ~8.40 AM. The Hyderabad - Bangalore highway, was a bliss to drive asusual.

After 30 mins of fun filled drive, we reached our destination, Hill Park Drive-in restaurant, just before Jadcherla.

We parked our cars and settled down at a cozy spot and then started discussing about everything under the sky while having some hearty break fast.

The main topics were Cars, FIAT, Automatics (AMT/DSG), Avventura and Wolf Moto Switchable maps.

While we were engrossed in the discussions and breakfast, a gentle man walks to us and enquired if we were from TFI. He was Mr. Praveen owning a 75HP Punto.
    One of his friends who follows TFI regularly had informed him about the Meet and he drove down to attend the meet.

This really was one of the best moments at the meet. I had met Praveen long time back at the launch of Absolute edition at Butta Motors, Hyderabad. Glad that he still remembers me.

The discussions continued and we finally got up to leave. But, we were not content. We went outside leaving our cars parked behind and then sat around for some more discussions and milk shakes. We finally decided to leave after a small photo session.

Lined up the cars in the service road next to the restaurant and had a photo shoot. Our shutter bugs, Rudresh and Suman didnot bring their gear and we had to be content with mobile cameras.

When we all got into our respective cars and were about to leave, Nibed came upto me and asked me to demonstrate how the Switching of maps function. I asked everyone if they would like to see it and everyone were more than enthusiastic. After showing them how the switching functions, I offered them a ride to feel the difference if they can.

Nibed, Sampath and Praveen got into the passenger seats and we went for a small spin. They were pretty impressed in the first few meters itself as they could feel the surge in the power.
    After the spirited spin, I wanted to TD the new Linea of Suman and see how different the drive will be. The same gang with me in the driver seat had a spin in the same route.

Suman's car felt more planted, thanks to reverting back to the older suspension with lower GC. The seats felt very premium and plush. I haven't seen a more beautifully modified Linea so far. That thing is simply drool material.

We ended our meet .... wait, the meet isn't over yet. We had to Drive back to Hyderabad. I had received a call which delayed me by few mins and by the time I was done, everyone was on their way cruzing merrily.

I drove back overtaking one member after the other and believe me, I was not even bothered to check other cars on the road. Seeing so many Fiats cruzing was a sight in itself.

As promised, I will be more than happy to offer a TD of my Wolfed Linea in our next meet. Hope the Fiat/TFIan/Wolf gang grows in Hyderabad and we could all meet up regularly to have a break from our daily busy lives.

Breakfast and Discussions:

07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg
    raj29, mchanna, vish_al and 5 others like this.
  7. N Kiran

The Line Up:

16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg 29.jpg
    raj29, mchanna, vish_al and 3 others like this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I missed the fun part .. the drive in convoy. While going I had to quickly stop @ an ATM as I didnt have cash @ all. Good that I remebered else I would have had to return from the toll gate to get money. I could never catch up again even after driving 140 km and above through out. Touched 170 km few times but could not go more as I had to brake due to traffic

While coming back my car was lined up @ the rear. Just before I was about to start I got a call from my wife. Just a call for 2-3 minutes. Again drove 130 km and above and touched 170 km before the stretch ran out. I could never catch up again and drove sedatley between 100-120 km after that.

P.S :- I do not endorse driving @ such high speeds. But what the heck if you have a Fiat and you haven't revved it beyond 4 K RPMS(I touched 4.5 K rpms yesterday) or touched 180 km. Thats where the Fiats shines. The feeling is just out of world. Pity that Fiat is still stuck with current MJD when they have Multi Air and MJD II already available.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Fiat Enthusiast
    ohhh!!!!!!!!!!Great drive...N ..Post!!!!!!!!..

Lined up Fiats is fun at sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Its such a treat to see the Fiat beauties lined up. Good to know that the Hydies had a good time although I felt the no of participants to be fewer. Anyways hope everybody had a good time and Kiran being so generous in offering his Wolfed car for a drive. I am sure it must have inspired others to go for the maps.

Great pics, thanks.
    nibedk likes this.