1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI FIAT 2012 Linea & Punto launch report

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurjinder, Jan 4, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    2. The key hole area quality and fit ''issue'' has been fixed by FIAT since over an year.

3. Linea Diesel was not the fastest off the blocks, i agree. But unleash it on the open road, and then see it shine. And put it on a curvy road to see the competition being blown away. The query you've raised is very relevant as the upsized tires will effectively decrease the final drive ratio by a slight margin. Have FIAT made any changes to the gear ratios? How different does the car drive compared to the earlier linea ? These two questions are not answered yet and need a rather thorough test drive to bring out any meaningful result.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  2. The reason for not commming up with teh 1.6 MJD is simple. under the TATA FIAT JV FIAT will have to share with TATA any new engine or technology that FIAT introduces in their car..FIAT top bosses in Italy as well as India and even RATAN TATA in his interviews has openly said that the JV between these two companies hasnt progressed as per expectation. FIAT is unhappy because of the step motherly treatment that TATA has given to their cars both in terms of sales and service and TATA is unhappy because post the 1.3 MJD and 1.4 fire engires from FIAT they have got nothing from the JV.

If Fiat brings the new engine like 1.6 multijet and multiair petrol engines it would have to share it with TATA which i do not think FIAT wants to do because they are anyways breaking away from TATA. FIAT will increase their portfolio only once the JV ends and by then they will try and have decent sales and service network of their own in INDIA.

Now the FIAT bosses couldnt have said that they will bring the 1.6 MJD only once the JV is off, hence he gave a response which did not make sense to around introducing 1.6 MJD. So FIAT as per me would expand their portfolio in india only once the JV is off or issues sorted out....
    3 people like this.
  3. Well said, awaiting your details test drive of Linea and Punto 2012.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gurjinder Buddy , If you are Hired by FIAT-India, sure the competitors will cry.....
    6 people like this.
  5. d_d

d_d

Dehradun
    Great Job Gurji and Ansal and congrats too for being there.
    Desh Deepak
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A fantastic report.All credit to Gurji & Ansal.Eagerly waiting for the extensive test drive report of PUNTO 2012 & LINEA 2012.
  7. Well writen report sir.
  8. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    lets hope,,,fiat would have kept earlier handling charactertics,,,,,,love u fiat
    i hav read in another forum that fiat has done chane in geare ratios in fiat punto,,,,,not sure about linea
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    :p :p :p

Tony bhai, i should forward this post to FIAT !
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    fiat ka forum hai ,;)wo Jaroor padhenge

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

2012 Fiat Linea First Drive An Improved Version
    pls give quick look guys