1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI FIAT 2012 Linea & Punto launch report

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurjinder, Jan 4, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Soild Report of 2012

@ sungoaAbout your statement of ' Brmhastra' I totally agree with you.You hit the nail ! In one line you describe the weak point of FIAT India. This point is mine also. Coz when I try to convince any about 1.3 MJD is better than TDCi / CRDi cars,people does not keep faith on me.TFI has cleared all doubts of 2012 FIAT cars. Thanx for this. Thanx to ansal 11 ,Gurujinder & other team.
  2. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Great work Gurjinder. The tunnel end seems to be much more brighter than ever.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Gurjinder,

Very professional touch to the report and who else can do other than Gurjinder?
    Now the question.I saw a slide where FIAT mentioned they reduced the NVH levels of the MJD, any idea how does it feel now?

-Sat
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I wish i had a test drive of those two cars! Would've completed the report really well.

I don't know how much more NVH reduction can they do on these FIAT Multijets. They are already the most tame bunch of engines on the market in respect to NVH. IIRC, Rajeev Kapoor was talking about adding further damping etc to improve NVH.

At the launch, the cars were both left started for a short while , and they were sounding almost the same as earlier. BUT, the engines were cold ( I checked the temperature gauges), so the final call can only be taken after a test drive on a fully warmed up engine. There were a few vehicles at the launch for test-driving, but a horde of journalists had already pounced on them before me and Ansal could have a go. So, we left without a drive, and consequently a missing test drive feedback in my report. :(

The real test drive of the new suspension setup should happen on the open road in my opinion.

Cheers.
  5. Can one of you folks do TD and publish a unbiased report? This will help every one trying to decide to go for new FIAT car or not.
    -Sat
  6. Good write up Gurji!!!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have no doubt about that. Once I had managed to get a 21kmpl(if i remember correct) with my 1.4 FIRE punto on a 25 km strecht.What I mentioned was that common man doesn't know it.:)
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurji bhai ek number write up.... :wink:
    wish you could had a test drive...
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Good write up, Guru....
    Now the real question, can we get the sales numbers multiplying in 2012...
  10. The raised suspension has taken some of its look especially in punto where it is 15 inch wheel seems small with the raised suspension, Linea almost looks same due to 16 inch wheel. Couldn't they have increased the G.C to about 180 mm, especially combined with a stiff suspension that would have enough.
    Still Linea & Punto are best looking cars in their respective segments.
    Some questions to fellow members -
    1) Have anyone seen 1.2 L petrol with 195 mm G.C ,the looks will be more spoiled here combined with 14 inch wheel?
    2) How is the overall interior quality especially around the key hole area?
    3) By fitting Linea with will it 16 inch and 205 mm wide tyres will it not have effect on performance , as they are not very fast even now compared to the other cars of the segment?
    4) Has anyone confirmed changed in ECU tuning?

Even if increasing the G.C might have some negative effect on looks , handling etc every other manufacturer should follow this to increase the car to be better suited to Indian condition. With this G.C one should be able to drive them almost like SUV on bad highways.

I hope that our Moderators will get to drive the cars soon and write a good unbiased review for us.