1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI FIAT 2012 Linea & Punto launch report

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurjinder, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really can't buy the argument of 1.6 MJD would do wonders for Fiat and dent the sales of Vento/Verna. If this is to be believed, T-Jet should have displaced the ANHC but it didn't. The reason is very clear. Reliability factor. Fiat has to re-invent itself and work towards the image and brand make over.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I was wondering what is preventing Fiat from launching T-jet version of punto. It would be a good choice for people who needs power without compromising much on FE & it would be the 1st of its kind in a hatch.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The difference between Tjet and MJD is that T jet is not a popular brand like Vtech for a comman man. People belive that honda cars mean FE cars. But MJD is well proven engine. People are already femiliar with the engine and any common man knows that MJDs are the best diesel engine in India. So along with a better marketing strategy and better fit and finish 1.6 mjd in linea can easily lift linea from the current level of sales.
  4. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    @ Gurji: Good one. :)
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let us be honest sungoa. If MJD is a popular engine among the crowd, atleast Punto should have sold well. Fiat is still struggling from the reliability factor with the common mass. That needs to be cleared first.

Launching 1.6 MJD in Linea or 1.4 T-Jet in Punto now will again result in only few takers and will not be a game changer for Fiat.

Note:- I am not against Fiat launching 1.6 MJD :). More power for Linea is always welcome.
  6. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Well, the first step they need to take is to address the issue of low brand perception at present. No one can argue that it's taken a beating and needs solid re-building. They need to increase awareness of the company's rich lineage, and their existing models. The 'Cafe' seems to be a good move in that direction.

There's no point launching new and more powerful variants if nobody's going to buy. Decoupling from Tata for sales/services was anticipated.

I think Mr. Kapoor's right in not launching the 1.6 MJD as of now.
    1 person likes this.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Can I incorporate rain sensing wipers & headlights into my existing TJet+ ?
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the high stance isnt looking too good.

20120104 15.38.56.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Fiat shouldn't even think about 1.6 right now. They are right in saying that they first need to move into volumes market with "Italian car that will be modified for India". Once they have volumes, higher segment car experimentation can start.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    First of all, A very very well phrased article by Gurjinder. I had a great time enjoying the beauty of the 2012 FIAT's. It was not only a pleasure but an honour to be present there, and it only came because of TFI and FIAT ofcourse.

I wouldnt have put better words together for the report. Each and every word in the report by Gurjinder in unbiased and is a true picture.

If you wanna ask about the FE of the Fiat cars, ask Gurjinder. I showed him a living exapmle though the JET. Gurjinder, could you please comment on the FE of the JET :)