1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Delhi Anniversary Meet - Chail - Report & Pics

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Jun 5, 2011.

1. killer writeup guys.
    vijayanth sir you rock..
    real nice pics..

shashank

how about a meet some time in august??
    i will be free for the drinks. but then no drunken driving and not lending the steering to anyone??
    any ideas what to do??
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    would like to thank each one of you here.....was so very much moved by company everybody gave me.felt like i am back in my native with my family members...

believe you me this trip has engraved its sugar memories in my heart.i remember last Thursday this time we all were so anxious to meet each other......few of us didn't sleep that thursday night becoz of anxiety...am sure of me n shashank...

special thanks to vijayant sir and yashik 22ji for taking most of the troubles for making it a grand success....

amogh buddy thanks for the shirts.....

Gurjinder bhai ji thanks too for joining us,though your stint was too small,still enjoyed ur company....hope not to see u absent in nxt meet....

Johnny sir and madam thanks for making it, was so wonderful to have both you among us...johnny sir your smile is really killer......mam ur voice is so sweet...specially wen u sung for all of us....both of you are so modest.......

nitin 22ji.......1stly many applauds for bhabhiji for singing such a lovely song....as said by vijayant sir,"best use of cell fon ever".surely ppl at solan and chail would have got phobia by black punto for-sure by seeing we two doing some humble cornering s....

Prashant 22Ji..your one liner kills man..........looking dabbang in most of the pics....

Vijayant sir ,for taking pics and not being part of those pics...really commendable.....not slept whole night to settle the accounts(hats off,u took so mch pain)

Aneesh 22ji...u really rock.ur driving skill is now pimples in my mind....lemme go home i'll try ur driving skills on my bapu ji's car........(left foot braking),for holding camera most of the time to capture those memorable moments....

Yashik 22JI.....Thanks for being involved everywhere....as we are old pals need not to say more....we can settle our accounts wen i come to chd nxt tym soon..he he....

Karan 22ji....thanks for giving some nice poses.....auditioned ur ice and got inspired by ur speakers...thanks too for discovering mika 22ji......

Phew 22ji...wat to say....u just kills everybody by your witty humor.....if i think of music system,amp,woofer i think of you.....your Pepsi's,Maggi's,glues....rocks...
    still that makes me laugh...wen shashank was fast asleep you shook him up and said,"snore slowly we are talking/discussing".....ur car too awesome........
    but woh suitcase???????

parv beta....we really had fun while we were driving down from solan to ambala together....we both got lost in funny talks and forgot that we have been running last......very much fun...only we can understand that "TAEECCHII MATA KI JAI"......

Dilip 22ji....intention was not to make u scared on hilly roads...its was just the blend of pahari driver's humble cornering act.i still remember u holding the handle and door lock panel....we enjoyed our drive together......wud love to be ur companion in next drives too.....

last but not least..Shashank 22ji....ahhh really fun to have you around.....liked your laughter ......never knew 1.2 is so potential.u proved it and ur tyres screeches ohhhh still haunts me...thanks for getting parv in........................joopassu ka gyan and promotion too palatable.....

ONCE AGAIN THANKS EVERYONE YOU TOOK SO MUCH OF PAIN TO MAKE THIS TRIP A PLEASURE.................
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi to all the "Chaili TFians",

I am sorry that I could not respond earlier. I had one day to catch up with some pending jobs, and on 07 Jun, at 4 AM, I was back on the road along with my son-in-law in his Scorpio (2.6 turbo). On day one we did 987 km with a night halt at Gandhinagar.

On Day 2 we again set out at 4AM and made it to Damman by about 10 AM. We spend the day & night there, and made Mumbai next day by 10 AM. I caught the evening flight and got back to Delhi on 09 June late evening.

For those of you who have not driven the 2.6 turbo, I found the engine very torquey and driveable. Cornering and road grip were in a different league altogether - "exiting" is a mild way of putting it. I really missed the Punto's handling & cornering abilities.

The road was really great, and in all we covered nearly 1500 kms. I am seriously considering doing this route with my Punto. The next step is to convince "Higher Command".

This morning, I put on the comp & read all the great posts. I will only add that 3 - 5 June were the best days, my wife & I had in a long time. Great bunch of guys, and good clean fun. We really look forward to meeting up with you guys, any time you venture towards Greater NOIDA. What really struck us is that we had this group of people whose only common thread is that they are Punto/Linea owners - yet we clicked so well!!!

I am not uploading any pics, since I have handed over my pics to Paddleshifter and the others who had brought along their pen drives.

So, guys, take care & keep smiling.

Johnny
  4. Great write up Varoon "22ji". I liked the everlasting smile and sporting attitude of yours, way to go 22'ji'. But, Phew didnt let you overtook him while coming back :dance

Thanks Johny Sir for replying, I thought you are angry with us. But, now I am happy since you replied.

I also liked the company of both of you, really those three days were real fun.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2011
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @Varoon "22ji",

GR8 "thank you post" my dear friend. Will ook forward to see all of you some time.

@Johnny,

Thnx for ur calming effect on the team. Much needed with so much of adrenalin flowing all around.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great idea johnny sir, i was thinking of having a meet at greater noida, was planning of meeting again and having a small series of DRAG's, just wanted to see how the cars have changed from the date of launch till now, since the roads are rather empty we can see wht the actual timings are for our cars
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Axn.With age comes "calm".

@prashant. I definitely cannot be angry with any of you guys.

@varoon. I am now busy practising my smile.

@Dilip. Look forward to meeting you & your dad. I had a short chat with him while we were waiting for Varoon.

@Nitin. I'm back.

Regards

Johnny
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @jasveen,

Traffic has picked up now in Greater NOIDA. But, I am sure we can find a secluded stretch.

Regards
    Johnny
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Killer sir, now lets find a date, and i know quite a few spots, have been doing drags there for the past 2-3 yrs.
  10. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    The first Evening inChail

Enjoy guys....some more pics from our first evening there.

L1140754_1280x960.jpg

L1140757_1280x960.jpg

L1140755_1280x960.jpg

L1140759_1280x960.jpg

L1140762_1280x960.jpg

L1140753_1280x960.jpg

L1140772_1280x960.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011