1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI CLOSING DOWN ; Attention Amogh

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Subhendusc, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    DEAR ALL MEMBERS

The announcement of TFI closing down was a shock to me. I really had started to love this site, with so much technical discussions and sharing of experiences.

We have people from every sphere of life in this forum. Can't we immediately start a new forum . Personally I think , hosting a site - monetarily is not a very big issue with all the members here.

I would request comments from all the members. I would also request in what way they can contribute to start a new website. Contribution does not always mean money. Contribution means technical contribution also. We will need persons to develop the website. Do the hostings etc.

Dear Amogh

Since u being the owner of the website , you have solely decided to close the website. Can you transfer the website to us. How much cost that will be ?
    rohitsharma, vtlreja2, Bala and 3 others like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Aye, Amogh: could such an alternative (i.e., 'transferring the website') be explored? I'd be happy to chip in goodly-monies. Though not managerial etc time, am afraid. The personal running-out of motivation on behalf of Fiat/FCA and owned-fiats, anymore, on the part of the founders and moderators (after 6 great years) is totally understandable, and appreciable! Still......?

@amogh
    jackharrisw, Deepak and puntophile like this.
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Fellows,

It is a shock to all of us. However, I have been observing (and wondering) off-late that the members active (prime-movers) on this forum 5 years ago, 3 years ago and even 2 years ago (when I joined) kept changing and getting replaced by newer ones. This is natural in any group and it is OK for posting info / sharing experience, but for running the show, you need a core-team. As natural to every system, this forum may also have a limited life, unless new members join the core group. I don't know if this forum is controlled by one person or a core-team (more likely), but I support any move made by members to continue running the forum. At one point of time, I had enquired about members making contribution for the forum. As Subhendusc stated, man-power and man-hours is more critical than money here.

I wish, the present core-team shares the situation more clearly and comment on Subhendusc's request. Also, other forum members should come forward with their views.

Wishing luck for the forum!
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Absolutely, I am willing to contribute to keep the forum afloat! @prabhjot, let me know more! I am open to discussions. I don't post much, 90 posts in 4 years, but I know what's where. @asimpleson , @Biraj
    rohitsharma likes this.
  5. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @puntophile @Biraj @asimpleson and others , we need every body's help to save this.

Personally , I have a soft corner for this web site , because this is where i learned about Fiat in a new way and then bought my Avvy on the suggestions of some senior members.

Help not in money always. We can chip in some of our spare time for technical contributions also
    linea4me and rohitsharma like this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    we all know FIAT history before buying their product. shutting down the forum just to bash the brand is not something a true fan will do.
    There could be other reasons as well. Only mods can tell :)
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.