1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Chennai Meet - 5th Nov 2016, 5 pm (Palavakkam Beach)

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by teky, Nov 1, 2010.

1. I have not been for the Buffet, I've been to both the dhaba as well as China Terrace. Though I haven't tried Malgudi, both of them are good, but not as good as Farm House and definitely nothing to worry about.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No Sathya. I have booked with Farm House not Delhi Dhaba. If we decide on Delhi Dhaba, I will have to call Farm House to cancel the booking.

I again called Farm House to inquire on the parking. They said to me that it shouldn't be a problem. 8-10 cars can be parked inside the compound and the rest can be parked outside. No issues with that.

I have dined both at Malgudi and Delhi Dhaba and the food is slightly above Average.

What do you guys say? Shall we continue with Farm House or shift to Delhi Dhaba?

Note:- Farm House, Delhi Dhaba, China Terrace, Malgudi, ECR Dhaba - All are under same management.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If parking isn't a problem then farm house is my choice.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. FiatJay

FiatJay

Chennai
    It would be great if we get parking for all the cars.. I have no idea about the location of the hotel. I would suggest to select one which is away from highway and place for us to sit and talk.. Tasty food is secondary option for me.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ramjn I called up the nu: 9500020010, this was the managers number for The Farm House and he only told me that he could accomodate 7 cars at the max and it might be a problem if we park the cars on the roadside as the traffic people have asked them not to do so. I haven't been to either of these places, so it's left to you all to decide which one should be the best.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

The guy was very specific that Delhi Dhaba could easily hold 20 cars in its parking, that's what made me to think twice abt The Farm House
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I called the same number too :).
    Malgudi/Delhi Dhaba can definitely handle more number of cars than the Farm House. But, food would be better at Farm House.

I remember dining at Farm house 3 years back. Couldn't remember anything on the location. But, I very well know this Malgudi.
    I am fine with any place.
  7. Whos gonna take the call? It's gonna be a tight one to schedule. TFIans please help us to finalize the spot before tomorrow afternoon. But one thing is for sure, whether it's the farm house or the Delhi Dhaba or some other place, the meet is very much ON and even if we don't get a place, we will atlease park our beauties on the ECR link road and have the meet. I'm very much determined on that. I had been waiting for this moment from the day i joined TFI
    1 person likes this.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    That is a wise choice..

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Kudos Rajesh for the enthu!! You echo our thoughts as well. I do not want to miss this change to hear Leh stories from Raviji as well. I am fine with any place. Another option will be to check in with some known resort so that parking is at large. One thing for sure, we do not want cramped parking or parking on unsafe places..
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Even with Delhi Dabha, I wouldn't say they have ample space. It will be cramped for 15-20 cars.
    Another option would be the MGM Resorts (After the Mayajaal) which will have ample parking space.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ramesh - both are good options. I would prefer MGM to Mayajaal..

or you can look out at places like green meadows which has a ample place for parking and the food as well be good there.

BTW - Iam not trying to change venues. Just throwing options. I am game to any venue.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011