1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Chandigarh meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Road conditions never really improve in that region.
    My friends are on their way to spiti,i will have an update by evening:)
    Btw,we can plan a meet with overnight stay.
    Rekong peo would need at least 4 days.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I want to have some photos of me from the meet. Please send me some photos if anyone clicked some pics in which I am visible. :)

Wanna share them on facebook actually.
    1 person likes this.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After the meet, we stayed the night at Ambala with an old colleague. We got back home this afternoon.

Yashik has already done the honours with the report, HD video, and some great photos. I am adding to the photo gallery with three of mine:

Initial-line-up.jpg
    Member-line-up.jpg
    Outside-mall-lineup.jpg

Big thanks to Yashik for organising the meet. Great writeup as well.

An update on the road: I had last done Delhi-Chandigarh when we went for the Chail meet last year. That time the road had a lot of construction work, and it was not a very pleasant drive. Now all the work is completed up till Karnal, and the road is great. Work is still going on on the stretch between Karnal and Kurukshetra. However, the diversions are OK. Both towns are a bit messed up, but, they are planning to put flyovers over both towns, and work is in progress. On the whole, an enjoyable drive.

Regards
    Johnny
    5 people like this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Johnny sir, it was the collective effort of all the members. Some of you came from far off places for this meet, e.g. Dehradun, Delhi, Noida. 2 members came from Ambala. :)

Best part was that we were able to drive together in one line, following all rules, which was not seen in any of our previous meets till date.
    3 people like this.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    The idea of the meet came when we guys hijacked sunswape's "NEO 15'' 98 PcD alloys" thread. :D

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tfi-classifieds/7051-neo-15-98-pcd-alloys-3.html#post125473

This led to the creation of this thread: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-meet/7282-tfi-chandigarh-meet-29-september-2012-page-7-a.html

29th September was chosen to be the day. Perfect for me as my half-yearly exams concluded on 28th.

On 29th me and my dad started off from Dehradun at 0645hrs

Just before leaving

290920122120.jpg

The journey to Chandigarh was a smooth one and we reached Sector-10 at 1020hrs.

Near Panchkula IT Park

IMG_3377.JPG

There we met Yashik 22ji, who told us to meet at the tank monument instead of Sector-10 market.

The tank monument

290920122121.jpg

On reaching the monument, a Punto with three guys turned up. I wondered whether they were a part of the meet or not. They later went away. One by one, everyone arrived. The sight of ten Fiats parked together was great.

Some pics:

The double decker bus
    290920122123.jpg

Left to right- Varun's friend Jassi, Varun, myself, Yashik, Johnny Sir, Johnny Ma'am, Sandip (my dad)
    IMG_3380.JPG

TFIians interacting

IMG_3386.JPG

IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

IMG_3390.JPG

The Fiats were the stars of the day

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3393.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

IMG_3389.JPG

IMG_3388.JPG

IMG_3387.JPG

IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

After spending some time together at Stop N Stare, we headed off to DT Mall for lunch. The drive was fabulous. Everyone on the road was puzzled to see the Fiats driving in formation.

On our way to DT Mall

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

At the mall's parking

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG-20120930-WA0008.jpg

IMG_3410.JPG

After having lunch, it was time to leave. We, Yashik 22ji and Mayank were the last ones to leave. Made a video of our drive back, will upload it later.

TFIians leaving

290920122127.jpg

Overall, the meet was great. I made many new friends. Next time, we should have a longer drive around Chandigarh to turn more heads. As suggested by Mayank, the hills are also a good option.

Today, we drove back to Dehradun.

Coffee break at Poanta Sahib, on our way back home

IMG_3415.JPG

Will upload the remaining pics later. Have hit the 30 pics per post limit.
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    8 people like this.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    .Now coming to the meet which took place on the the same venue where we had our meet in the morning.Evening somewhere close to 6'o clock me and my friend were busy making gedi's and spotted this meet taking place.Stopped and clicked 2 pics.

Meet held was "YEZDI JAWA CLUB CHANDIGARH" meet.

IMG-20120929-00044.jpg

IMG-20120929-00045.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    7 people like this.
  7. mayank

mayank Amatore

So finally we can term that tank monument as chandigarh's official "meet spot/point" :D wonder if once Indian army used to hold "tanks meet" there, thats why they've left one there(JK) :D
    3 people like this.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its great to see that prakhar and even his dad is so enthusiastic of driving all the way to attend the fiat meet !! It ll be a waste of time if i say that to my parents... for them it s just another chunk of metal without any emotions , only i know how much hardships and how many years it took to see a car in our garage !! Thats why i ve never said or discussed anything about meets or rides that i go with xbhpians or tfi ans during all these 4-5 years . I envy the way johny sir and ravi sir are driving all over the place with their fiats at this age !!! Its so true , after seeing atleast half a dozen examples in my close circle, that riding/ driving keeps you young and even more, when you are with a bunch of young enthusiastic people.
    2 people like this.
  9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Nice write-up by all who participated and Contributed to make this meet successful...
    Nice to see people driving it from other cities just to make it to this Meet...
    Super Pics... Lovely Videos... :up
    Good to see you all having fun and Enjoying...

Cheers to you all...
    :up

Neel
    3 people like this.
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Varun!

I was able to make it to the meet because my dad is enthusiastic about Fiats!
    2 people like this.