1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Chandigarh meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Sep 2, 2012.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Surprise for us? :confused:

I had a chat with Varun (owner of the Abarth form Dehradun). He won't be able to make it.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    --------CONFIRMED MEMBERS--------
    1. PaddleShifter (Punto)
    2. Akshay 4384 (Linea)
    3. Prakhar_lfc (TJET)
    4. Sandip
    5. Varoon (Punto)
    6. Johnny Sir (Punto)
    7. Johnny ma'am
    8. Vijay Khasa (Linea)
    9. Ashish Rawat
    10. Inderjeet (Punto)
    11. Mayank (Punto)
    12. Ishpreet (Linea)
    13. SumitBahl (Punto)
    14. Sam (Punto)

------------YET TO CONFIRM-------------
    1. Singh
    2. Jotinder
    3. Sunswape (busy tomorrow and will join midway if possible)
    4. Abhishake

--------------UNAVAILABLE---------------
    1. Gurjinder
    2. Gonugupta
    3. Pulkit
    4. Rajan Kamboj
    5. Dilip_dmk

CONFIRMED CARS:
    Punto- 7
    Linea- 3
    TJET- 1
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

so whats the route plan yashik 22 ji?? :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. missing the meet very much..
    regret couldnt be there.. but couldnt leave the courses...
    damn.. m soo unlucky not to make it..
    :mad:
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A correction.

Stop n stare is located in front of tank museum opposite art gallery. Not in the sector 10 market.

I am uploading the corrected map. Anyways, i will personally be present at sector 10 market and guide those back to correct place who do not see this post and go to sector 10 market instead.

Here is the map.

2012-09-29 06.18.21.jpg
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team FIAT India Chandigarh meet Report- 29th September 2012

This thread is for the report of TFI Chandigarh meet and subsequent discussions. Report is being penned at this moment.

The best thing about this meet was that all traffic laws and rules were followed by the members and every one behaved like a true responsible FIAT owner and enthusiast. :)

We drove in formation across Chandigarh and everyone was staring and wondering what's going on. From where are all these FIATs coming and where are they going?

When we assembled in the morning at Stop N Stare, one guy saw 10 FIAT cars parked side by side and asked us, "Are these cars for sale?" :p

Report coming on soon.

EDIT- Video uploaded on page 3. Here is a copy of that video.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
    11 people like this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team FIAT India meet took place at Chandigarh today successfully. The meet was conducted nicely and all the members followed traffic rules and laws to the best possible extent. A new thread discussing the report of the meet is being started. I request everyone to follow that thread. The link is given below:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/teamfiat-...digarh-meet-report-29th-september-2012-a.html

Teaser photo

20120929_122235.jpg

In the meanwhile, I would offer my deepest thanks and regards to FIAT India on behalf of all the members as they shared this thread on their facebook page. :)
    Thanks a lot FIAT India.

FIAT India Facebook page.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Waiting for report and lots of photos and videos. :)
    2 people like this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI MEET report

So, the morning began as usual. Sun came from the same east but today morning was different. Today, we were going to be a part of the biggest TFI meet of this region.

I woke up, washed my car, finished all work in the morning and started from home at 10am after making a few calls to fellow TFI members who were a part of the meet.

TFI meet summary:

Members who participated:
    1. Yashik (PaddleShifter)
    2. Akshay (akshay4384)- Came from Ambala.
    3. Varun (Varoon9999)- Was in Chandigarh already.
    4. Johnny- Came to Chandigarh from Delhi today morning.
    5. Mrs. Johnny- With Johnny sir.
    6. Prakhar (Prakhar_lfc)- Came from Dehradun to Chandigarh in his TJET
    7. Prakhar's dad (Sandip)- with Prakhar.
    8. Ishpreet- Came from Ambala.
    9. SumitBahl
    10. Mayank
    11. Mayank's dad
    12. Inderpreet- From Noida, was in Chandigarh.
    13. Vijay Khasa
    14. Abhishek (Team BHP member)

Total FIAT cars- 10.

Venue of assembling in the morning: Citco's Stop N Stare opposite Tank Monument, Sector-10, Chandigarh.
    Time- 11am.

Slowly, one by one everyone reached the destination. All were there by 11:30am I guess.

So, we parked our cars side by side and had an introduction round followed by interaction with fellow members.

We planned to go to Rock Garden by 12 noon but everyone was so busy talking about FIAT cars and their passion that we stood there till 1pm talking about cars and everything.

In the meanwhile, this road is the favourite of college boys and girls who drive their cars on this road (some drive madly). We saw many boys and equally, many girls driving their cars and staring at boys and girls standing there or driving. Especially there was this one girl who was driving in her Swift and raced with boys in Figo and other cars like Verna etc. Thank God, no one was injured. It was definitely a grossly negligent driving on such a narrow, unpredictable and busy road. But this prevented us from getting a bit experimental with respect to parking our cars for photoshoot.

Everyone who passed from this road was staring at 10 FIAT cars parked together and talking to their co-passengers in their cars. There was this gentleman who was watching us for quite some time now and finally approached one TFI member and asked, "Are these cars for sale?" :eek:

There were 3 Puntos who made multiple rounds on this road across us but did not stop to check what was going on (Perhaps more interested in following girls).

A brief photo shoot followed.

Finally, we decided to proceed to DT multiplex at IT Park, Chandigarh for lunch. We decided to drive slowly and together in one line for visibility and turning heads. After all, there are thousands of Punto and Linea in Chandigarh so what differtiates a meet from a crowd is driving together.

This is where members showed true enthusiasm and drove together in formation, one behind other, all 10 cars. TFI member Varoon was busy so he broke formation and went home for some important work midway through our drive. Now 9 cars were driving together.

Trust me on this, we invited the attention of many many people on Chandigarh roads. Many people turned back to see 9 FIAT cars driving together. Usually, there are tin Swift cars driving like this (because of their number of road, not because they hold Maruti meets). :D

When we reached the parking of DT Mall, many people inside the parking stood still and started watching what these 9 cars were doing together.

Lunch was taken in the DT mall's food court. Only sour point was that our TFIan Inderpreet lost his payment card at Subway counter. We all had lunch together by combining tables.

Finally, at 3pm, everyone bid goodbye with handshakes and hugs and we went on our own way to home. Drive to Rock Garden next time hopefully.

Uploading my sets of photos.
    9 people like this.