1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI blocked at work.... what now?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Shadowfax, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Huh, TFI is blocked in my office since ages. In my office word "CAR" is filtered. Freaking rule right? I know it sucks.

I simply downloaded U1108 , ultrasurf. Run it and no one in the hell can trace your ip and block any site.
    2 people like this.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    @Shadowfax - If TFI is blocked, proxies would definitely be blocked. Any other work around would also be difficult and not advisable. These are sensitive matters in professional world.

If I were you, I would have take a straight, clean approach - go to your IT guys, tell them you have a Fiat car and have recurring issues for which you need technical help online and TFI is one good source of such help. Besides accessing TFI may reduce your time to take your car to service station therefore increasing your productivity :p::D
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    9 people like this.
  3. nothing yet for windows phone ??? :'(
  4. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    @shadofax.. pataofy any IMG guy at ur site dude..
    btw i knw it would sound stupid but is usb enabled by any chance?
    if it is blocked any idea is it blocked via AD or BIOS ?
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Hello all

I think i may have projected this a bit incorrectly. This thread was not intended to be a break company policies session. I was just wondering if any one else is sailing in the same boat as me and how they are coping up with it.

@halfclutch. Do we by any chance work for the same organization??

@ VP & italia-linea :- agree with your points

Yes i was looking at alternative methods of accesing tfi but just for knowledge sake. :eek::D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Yup!! I work for WI (wipro Infotech)

i guess datta works for wipro too:p
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry Shadowfax - My posts were a bit too straightforward.

From a technical standpoint, the new active stream feature is the culprit. There is network traffic from a pc that has a browser window logged on to TFI at regular intervals, looking for new posts. This puts TFI in the top most accessed sites and when the decision makers look at the log, they think that whoever is on that PC is doing nothing else, but is browsing TFI all day.

I have seen this happen and have personally instructed my team to block such sites. Any software to circumvent this, might work for a while, before it gets noticed. In my organization, I have provided a set of PCs in the cafeteria, that have unrestricted access to the internet and staff are requested to use them for their personal activities. That is a nice solution, as staff will get to access what they want, without spending too much time on non-work related stuff. No one wants to get noticed spending a whole lot of time in the cafeteria, right?

My advice is still the same. Browse from your phone, if you really need to, but please do not let it affect your work. I know it is addictive and I know we all feel that we can still deliver in time, in spite of spending a lot of time on internet forums, but trust me when I say that the management does not think so.

Rajan
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Trying to find a way to access the blocked sites is not a good idea.

Even my organization blocked all online forums including TFI some time back. I switched over to tapatalk in my mobile to access TFI. After a brief 2 week period it was opened again. I still don't know why it was blocked and then why it was opened again.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Network admins may have set up filters for notifying whenever a pattern is observed. So if someone is reqularly spending time on a certain website, it can be easily tracked.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Simple. Shift your company. Move to place where they don't have any such restrictions! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.