1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI blocked at work.... what now?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Shadowfax, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Shadowfox - Please go to office and do your job. Get on here and check out the day's happenings in the evening. Get your priorities right buddy. The job pays you so you can buy the car, add accessories, go on long drives and have fun.

This is an online forum of a lot of nameless people, who happen to share the same interest, for God's sake. It is not worth risking your job for it. The very fact that TFI was available at work, but got blocked smells a rat to me.

Take car man,

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Perception changes from person to person. I can understand what ur view point considering the fact that you havent spelt my handle right. For me this is where my friends hang out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Shadowfax,

Even i have similar problem from past month or so. In my case, the site isnt blocked but its unreachable at most of the times. Some where in some time of some day i am able to get the website open. I do not know why TFI wont work at my office. Even ping also gets timed out. May be tomorrow ill try with https rather than http as per your suggestions.

@PatchyBoy,
    I second that Sir. But some times for like 5 - 10 mins in a day i wish to get on here and see whats happening. So instead of wasting time in a pantry for like 30 mins doing nothing i prefer to get on this forum.
    2 people like this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sorry for misspelling your handle. I apologize. It is just that I think that it is unfair on some of your colleagues who are working their ass off, so you can get paid to hang out with online friends misusing office resources during office hours and also get paid for it.

Life is unfair, isn't it?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    To each according to their own, Rajan and Sreejesh (Shadowfax).

Your point is perfectly commendable Rajan, but whatever Sreejesh does in office is his headache or his employer's.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    True that. It is just that I am on the other side and have fired people for misusing official resources. I would hate for that to happen to a fellow TFIian and just gave an insight into the view from the other side. I am Director for IT & Data for my company and one of my responsibilities is to monitor bandwidth usage and take necessary action against erring employees. Whatever I posted is only with good intentions.

The fact the TFI was available and is now blocked, to me would mean that someone noticed and have taken the first preventive step. I was alarmed at suggestions to use proxies and other assorted software, to circumvent that. I know it for a fact that Shadowfax is on a scanner and needs to tread cautiously now. Whenever someone posts that they did maniac speeds, don't we all advice them to be watchful? My post was also on similar lines, out of concern. The previous post of mine, was what I told the guy who I fired last month, verbatim.

Please delete if you feel it was inappropriate.

Rajan
    8 people like this.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    I am fully agree with Rajan. Its like a big boss scenario where you are always under watchful eyes. Shadowfax, if your office has blocked TFI means that your office is keeping eye on your browsing and don't want you to continue it any more. So better stop using it on official PC rather use on mobile or tablet.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Until a few years ago Siemens used to monitor internet usage of employees and send reports to managers, highlighting the number of hours their reportees spent on the internet, with details. I dont know if they still do that. Working in corporate IT Cos, if someone believes that he/she is not monitored, they got it totally wrong.

Whatever workaround you do to access a website, it can be traced to the IP level. Tracking is even more easy when visting a blocked site.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    They still do, but not to an extent of firing some one. As of now, they are concentrating more Gmail, Youtube and FB traffic. As these sites are majorly hit in the company wide. Yes couple of them have got a notification from their managers that they are browsing too much than working. But TFI and just 1 person, i guess it goes unnoticed when company having 1K+ employees to monitor, again that doesnt mean you are SAFE ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.