1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Bangalore Meet - 28th Sep'14 - Report Pg 12 Onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Ravi, Sep 5, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Have a look at Bellucci, Grandi, etc. (google up a bit for more) and your question is answered :D

Sorry for OT :p
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Who knows, in our next TFI meet, we may have few Avventuras :).
  3. Paul_Walker

Paul_Walker Novizio

Bengaluru
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @BoseSuman being a new member, I am not very sure about handles of all the members though I know them by their real names :shamefullyembarrased:. May be others can help me in this.
  4. Prasul Pradeep

Prasul Pradeep Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pics really sad I could not make it :(
  5. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    This was my first TFI meet and I really enjoyed it. It was real fun driving along with Fiatians, even the usual boring 4L stuff became exciting with italian beauties flying around. First time since my Linea's purchase, I did some real good speeds and got to experience the amazing stability of the car on the straights and while cornering.

Some awesome pics there and I am already looking forward for the next meet. Thanks to the organizers for all the plans and efforts put behind.
    the_crusader, Ravi and nkrishnap like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For all the efforts and plans to be successful, its the participants who make it a success. In this aspect, the Bangalore folks have been great. Without you guys, the meets will never be a success.

Looking forward to the numbers swelling with each meet.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Another notable aspect of the memorable meet was adherence to schedule. We had almost full strength before the scheduled departure time at the meeting point. It was fantastic to see people who had come with lovely little ones also were on time. It was a commendable effort considering the cosy, chill, lazy Sunday 7 AM weather in Blore :p
  8. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    This was my 7th TFI meet and the first of 2014.
    I wanted to take my 10month old daughter also. So I could depart early and had to wit till she woke up and got ready. So I couldn't join the meeting point.
    I told @Ravi and @nkrishnap to continue and that I'll join them at the breakfast point.

I left my home at 7:06AM and drove non-stop hoping to catch the convoy in the road. But the convoy were faster than I expected and I could only join them at the Restaurant as they were lining up the cars.

DSC_7018_LR.jpg
    The line up

I put my car in the line and came out to be welcomed by known faces like @Ravi @nkrishnap @turboKarthik among others. As we went inside, I met @arun_josie @karthikk ajit and many more. We had some wonderful breakfast together

DSC_6996_LR.jpg
    Idly Vada
    DSC_7001_LR.jpg
    Kesari Bath/ Sira
    DSC_7003_LR.jpg
    Rave Dosa
    DSC_7006_LR.jpg
    Masala Dosa

My daughter loved the Idly and gulped down one :)
    DSC_6989_LR.jpg
    Yummy

The whole team discussed many things while having their stomach fill of sumptuous food

DSC_6999_LR.jpg
    Enjoying the delicacies in Swathi Delicacy

DSC_7000_LR.jpg
    Experienced Support staff telling something to the new support staff :)
    DSC_7007_LR.jpg
    Story telling :)

As I paid the bill and came out of the restaurant, I saw the surprise of the day-An Italian beauty on two wheels. The DUCATI 848

DSC_7016_LR.jpg
    Hot!
    DSC_7013_LR.jpg
    Beautiful rear

There were a couple of RD350s parked (not in our group) and on seeing them, my daughter wanted to sit on it. She just loves bikes and cars like her dad :)

DSC_7014_LR.jpg
    Daddy, I want this!

Then we wanted a photoshoot. but the location was not good.
    After the meet I wanted to go to a dam. Since the initial plan was only breakfast and many people didn't have time, I had not told this to anyone, but now I put forth this idea and immediately everyone agreed. Fiatians just need a reason to drive don't they? :)
    I was asked to lead and we started to the dam backwaters. Pretty soon we were at the backwaters of Markonahalli dam.

DSC_7046_LR.jpg
    The back waters of Markonahalli dam

I parked my car and then slowly everyone followed me and started to line up their cars

DSC_7028_LR.jpg
    One by one they arrrive

My dughter started to wonder what everyone were up to :)
    DSC_7033_LR.jpg
    What are these guys doing?

The entire team lined up for a few photographs

DSC_7037_LR.jpg
    What a sight!
    DSC_7041_LR.jpg
    16 cars and the 'Surprise' that came to the backwaters

DSC_7042_LR.jpg
    The star attraction

DSC_7043_LR.jpg
    There was another two wheeler too

To be continued...
    sathishrx, varunrtr, pv_krish and 9 others like this.
  9. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Continued...

After the photoshoot, everyone left the place saying their goodbyes to one another. It was a satisfying Sunday.

Nut I had not had enough :). After my daughter finished playing in the water, we decided to visit the dam too.

DSC_7065_LR.jpg
    Her four wheeler

DSC_7066_LR.jpg
    Let's play

The dam was a kilometer further from the back water. Its a small dam but Its one of the first dams built by Sir M Vishveshwarayya. All it takes is a few steps to the top of the dam.

DSC_7123_LR.jpg
    Steps to the top

There wasn't much water but there was a cool breeze going around and we enjoyed the view too
    DSC_7098_LR.jpg

The dam gate was closed but an irrigation department person allowed us on request and he guided us around the dam. He showed us the auto-siphon technology in the dam that is the first in the country. No wonder Sir MV is called a genius. It was a nice experience but photography wasn't allowed.

DSC_7096_LR.jpg
    It can hold 98feet

DSC_7101_LR.jpg
    On the dam

We did some bird spotting too...
    DSC_7112_LR.jpg DSC_7113_LR.jpg DSC_7114_LR.jpg

As we came down the dam, we saw a baby goat. My daughter wanted to touch that.

DSC_7129_LR.jpg
    PeTA

With a couple of snaps of the dam, we left the location a non stop drive saw us reach home at 13:30.

DSC_7148_LR.jpg
    The two openings on the right are automatic and the four on the left are manual crest gates
    DSC_7151_LR.jpg
    A Salute to the great Sir MV

All in all it was a wonderful Sunday spent with the Fiat Family
    Iyu, C_S, vista7155 and 13 others like this.
  10. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    It was indeed an awesome meet. @arun_josie has rightly summed-up the passion that gets created even in the new members when they are among the ever-passionate TFIans. This event also showed some of the real good photography skills. I could not attend any of the previous meet too and it was a good platform to see real faces behind the TFI handles. Thanks to all the organizers for putting efforts in making this meet memorable. Hope to have many such meets often.
    Ravi and nkrishnap like this.